Processing

Old October 16th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default Processing

In article ,
Richard Knoppow wrote:

Both negative and positive color are quite practical
for home processing but I don't know the cost per roll or
sheet and its very useful to have a partially automated
machine like the Jobo processors.

It's well under a dollar a sheet -- but don't expect pro-lab results
without a fair amount of work keeping your process under control.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky
Old October 17th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

In article , Ken Hart wrote:

How much would it cost to develope it yourself?

You ever done E6? I have and it's not something I care
to be doing.

Old October 17th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

In article ,
Richard Knoppow wrote:

Did you really mean Kodachrome? Kodachrome is not
E-6.

Nor is it available in 4x5 last time I looked.
Old October 17th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Ken Hart

wrote in message ...
In article , Ken Hart wrote:

How much would it cost to develope it yourself?

You ever done E6? I have and it's not something I care
to be doing.

I don't often develope E-6, but as far as time/temp control is concerned,
it's no more critical than C-41. I process C-41 a couple times a week. I use
a themostat controlled water tank, and a roller base for the film tank.

Old October 21st 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
andrew m. boardman

Michael Benveniste wrote:
$3.50 for an E6 4x5 here North of Boston. +50% for a 1
stop push.

Ouch. If that's Boston, Massachusetts, who does your work?

I'm very happy with Dorian Color in Arlington at $3/sheet. For a cheaper
option, Newtonville Camera says they do 4x5 E-6 at $2/sheet; I keep
meaning to give it a shot, though I haven't yet. (Maybe I can kill two
experiments with one stone and have them do the new Velvia 50 I just
picked up.)
Old October 21st 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Michael Benveniste

"andrew m. boardman" :

Michael Benveniste wrote:
$3.50 for an E6 4x5 here North of Boston. +50% for a 1
stop push.

Ouch. If that's Boston, Massachusetts, who does your work?

The Finer Image in Danvers.

I'm very happy with Dorian Color in Arlington at $3/sheet. For a
cheaper option, Newtonville Camera says they do 4x5 E-6 at $2/sheet;
I keep meaning to give it a shot, though I haven't yet.

I've used Dorian for almost 2 decades and recommend them to anyone
in the area. In fact, I dropped off a 4x5" negative for printing
there on Friday. However, unless I'm in the area, it takes about
10 negatives to make the drive worth the price difference.

For some reason, I've had decidedly mixed results dealing with
Newtonville in the past.

--
Michael Benveniste --

120/220 Processing Nervous5150 Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 31st 07 11:53 PM
RA4 processing Richard J Brawn In The Darkroom 3 February 12th 07 10:18 PM
Post-Processing RAW vs Post-Processing TIFF Mike Henley Digital Photography 54 January 30th 05 08:26 AM
E6 Processing Mike In The Darkroom 68 December 8th 04 05:14 AM
K14 Processing Joe Thomas Film & Labs 1 December 17th 03 10:04 PM