Any good web gallery / slideshow software?

Old September 2nd 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jon Danniken

Default Any good web gallery / slideshow software?

Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Thanks,

Jon

Old September 2nd 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Thanks,

Jon

Would you, perchance, be running Windows XP.

Then have look in your program list for Windows Movie Maker, or within your
Cd burner program or in almost any photo editing program.

Roy G

Old September 2nd 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jon Danniken

"Roy G" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web

presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the

next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but

that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Would you, perchance, be running Windows XP.

Then have look in your program list for Windows Movie Maker, or within

your
Cd burner program or in almost any photo editing program.

Thanks, Roy, but that isn't quite what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is software that will create a page for each photo,
whereby clicking that photo will lead on to the next photo. When all of the
pages are created, I will upload them to a webserver.

As I said, I could do this all in notepad, but that would entail making 60
pages, and it would be easier to have some type of software automate the
procedure.

This is not for my own personal viewing, but for uploading to the web, so
others can see this series of photographs, by clicking the photo they are
currently viewing to go to the next one.

Thanks,

Jon

Old September 2nd 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rudy Benner

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Thanks,

Jon

Look for Jalbum. Free, effective.

have a look www.rudybenner.com/album

Old September 2nd 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Raphael Bustin

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:50:20 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

XnView will do that. Free download, xnview.com. I'm
sure lots of other image editors will do that. I know that
Photoshop does. Not sure about Photoshop Elements,
but I would expect that it does also.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old September 2nd 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jon Danniken

"Raphael Bustin" wrote:
, "Jon Danniken" wrote:

Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web

presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the

next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

XnView will do that. Free download, xnview.com. I'm
sure lots of other image editors will do that. I know that
Photoshop does. Not sure about Photoshop Elements,
but I would expect that it does also.

Thanks, Rafael, but Photoshop does not do what I want. Photoshop creates a
gallery web album, where you click on a thumbnail to get to the next
picture.

What I am looking for is very specific. I want one picture - on one page -
nothing more. Clicking on that picture will take the viewer to the next
picture.

As I stated before, I could do this with notepad, but it would entail
creating 60 different pages, and I would prefer something automated.

Thanks,

Jon

Old September 2nd 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jon Danniken

"Rudy Benner" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web

presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the

next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but

that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Look for Jalbum. Free, effective.

have a look www.rudybenner.com/album

Thanks, Rudy, I will download it and see if it will do what I am trying to
accomplish.

Jon

Old September 2nd 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jon Danniken

Default Any good web gallery / slideshow software? (THANKS!)

"Jon Danniken" wrote:
"Rudy Benner" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web

presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the

next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but

that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Look for Jalbum. Free, effective.

have a look www.rudybenner.com/album

Thanks, Rudy, I will download it and see if it will do what I am trying to
accomplish.

Rudy,

Thanks for the tip. While it appeared to be another slideshow with
thumbnail generator, I nonetheless found simple html pages linking the
pictures together in the /slides folder of the project.

This does exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again for the suggestion,

Jon

Old September 2nd 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mark Roberts

Jon Danniken wrote:

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Try Web Album Generator http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/index.html
Very good and very free

I have a list of other useful freeware apps on my web page at
http://www.robertstech.com/software.htm

--
Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com
Old September 2nd 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Terry

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:55:32 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"Rudy Benner" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
Howdy,

I have about 60 photos that I would like to arrange in a web

presentation,
where it starts with one photo, then clicking that photo leads to the

next
photo.

It's nothing really complicated, and I could do it with notepad, but

that
would mean 60 pages all by hand (which I'd rather not have to do).

Is there any software out there that would create such a thing with an
automated procedure?

Look for Jalbum. Free, effective.

have a look www.rudybenner.com/album

Thanks, Rudy, I will download it and see if it will do what I am trying to
accomplish.

JAlbum was my first thought, too. I'm not sure it can do exactly what
you want though. I think it will if you customize one of the
templates.

Another option is PPWizard
(http://users.cyberone.com.au/dbareis/ppwizard.htm). It's a macro
processor for html. So you would generate the 60 pages, each with one
picture. But you wouldn't have to do the 60 pages by hand, you would
write a template and use ppwizard to generate all the html files. Then
upload the entire site.

Terry