long video clips? which camera

Old November 25th 04, 02:44 AM
Hallofwiffleball

Default long video clips? which camera

Hi, I'm a first time digital camera buyer.
I would like a relatively small camera around $300. While always happy w/ my
cheapy 35mm..I'm beginning to realize I don't need to keep spending money on
film and developing. I'm sure the clarity on any digital camera than what I
have now.
The feature most important to me is movie mode. I consider this a real bonus.
Which cameras have the capability of taking unlimited video with sound (as much
as the memory card can hold).
I don't want one that limits yo uto 30 second clips.

If you could throw out a few model #s that would be great
If you use up your 256 mb card w/ mostly video..you can swap it for the 8mb one
that comes with it right? so you can take more pictures.
thanks
Old November 25th 04, 04:33 AM
Mike Chamlee

Checkout the Minolta Dimage models.
My Dimage Z1 can record up to 150 seconds of video with sound on a 16MB SD
card, and obviously much more on larger cards.

Old November 26th 04, 03:26 PM
Robert Barr

Some of the newer Kodaks, including the DX7440, can record over 20
minutes worth. The bigger the memory card, the longer the clip.

Old July 29th 05, 02:25 AM
lacunae

Robert Barr wrote:
Hallofwiffleball wrote:
Hi, I'm a first time digital camera buyer. I would like a
relatively small camera around $300. While always happy w/ my
cheapy 35mm..I'm beginning to realize I don't need to keep spending
money on film and developing. I'm sure the clarity on any digital
camera than what I have now. The feature most important to me is
movie mode. I consider this a real bonus.

if it really is the most important (ie- more important than still
photos), then you should go for a cheap mini-dv camcorder.

Which cameras have the capability of taking unlimited video with
sound (as much as the memory card can hold). I don't want one that
limits yo uto 30 second clips.

I think most or all of the current Kodaks and Casio cameras can do
this. (probably other brands too)

If you could throw out a few model #s that would be great

for ~$300 or less, you could get the casio exilim ex-s100, canon sd300,
kodak ls743 or ls753. definitely go play with the cameras in a store
before you decide. (lots of other models too)

If you use up your 256 mb card w/ mostly video..you can swap it for
the 8mb one that comes with it right? so you can take more
pictures. thanks

if you're looking for video, I would definitely get a bigger
card. I have a Kodak LS743, about 460MB free on the sdcard,
the camera estimates 26mins of 640x480 video or 50mins of 320x240.

Some of the newer Kodaks, including the DX7440, can record over 20
minutes worth. The bigger the memory card, the longer the clip.

the older Kodaks too. used to have a DX4330 which could take
320x240 clips until the memory card was full.