CoolPix880, basic question

Old August 22nd 04, 07:26 PM
Jim Cate

Default CoolPix880, basic question

We have a Nikon CoolPix 880 which seems to work fine.
However, I can't find the owners manual, and the controls and displays
on the camera are anything but intuitive.

Can anyone explain how to disable, or turn off, the flash? I want to
take some indoor pictures, and the flash, reflected off close objects,
messes up the picture of the room. I think that one of the four
pictorial symbols shown in the back are what I need, but I can't figure
them out.

Or, is there a convenient way to download the owners manual? I have
tried getting one from nikon.com, but the download and registration
process, using Adobe, is pretty involved.

Thanks,
Jim Cate

Old August 23rd 04, 01:47 AM
LWM

Here's a quick start guide:
http://server-8.carroll.k12.ia.us/~i...era%20Inst.pdf

Here's a "Fast Track" guide:
http://helpdesk.agri.huji.ac.il/nikon880/cp880ftg.pdf

Here's a menu guide:
http://helpdesk.agri.huji.ac.il/nikon880/cp880menu.pdf

Old August 23rd 04, 11:18 AM
F. D. Lewis

"Jim Cate" wrote in message
Can anyone explain how to disable, or turn off, the flash?

from: http://www.shortcourses.com/guides/nikon/880guide.htm

Turning the Flash Off and On

With the Mode Dial set to any shooting mode, press the Flash button on the
back of the camera until the Flash Cancel icon (a lightning bolt with a
slash through it) is displayed on the control panel and monitor.

Or, is there a convenient way to download the owners manual?

first, check the CD's that came with the camera. there might just be a
user's guide in pdf there.

otherwise from the Nikon website:

In the event that you need to replace the User's Manual or software CD for
your Nikon digital product there are two ways to get a new copy:
1. Call us at 1-800-Nikon UX
2. Order from The Nikon Mall
For a small fee we can ship out a new copy of the manual or CD for most
Nikon digital products.