Plant vs Animal

Old August 22nd 04, 02:12 PM
jimkramer

Default Plant vs Animal

http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/pitcher_plant_vs_moth.htm

Jim Kramer

Old August 22nd 04, 06:41 PM
Alan Browne

jimkramer wrote:
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/pitcher_plant_vs_moth.htm

cool. could be sharper?

Old August 22nd 04, 07:42 PM
jimkramer

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .
jimkramer wrote:
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/pitcher_plant_vs_moth.htm

cool. could be sharper?

Yes, it coud be sharper, I could have methyl alcoholed the moth, tacked him
on the pitcher plant, ripped the pitcher plant out of the ground and brought
it inside and staked to a nice draft free-wall; but then instead of a nature
photograph I would have a denatured photo. For the five seconds the moth
graced me with his presence, I am pleased with the picture.

For any one curious I am finding the 75-300 Canon F/5.6 IS lens to be soft
at 300 even at F/13.

Jim Kramer

Old August 23rd 04, 01:35 AM
Arty Facting

Great pic m8!

Please don't take other comments too harshly

IMHO the vibrancy of a captured moment usually overwhelms even the best of
carefully crafted studio shots

Nonetheless, tis good

Artio