What to buy

Old December 25th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MH

Default What to buy

I am looking at the Canon SD800. Looking for an easy to use small camera
that takes gorgeous photos. Any other suggestions and why?

Old December 25th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jack

[posted and mailed]

"MH" wrote in news:VQFjh.5544$kD4.3417@trndny06:

I am looking at the Canon SD800. Looking for an easy to use small camera
that takes gorgeous photos. Any other suggestions and why?

For $250 you can buy the Fuji F30. You also get a $50 rebate. I bought
the F30 instead of the Canon SD800 which I considered. I'm happy with the
Fuji. The only negative is having to buy Xd cards since I already had
several 1 gig SD cards. Even with adding the price of the Xd cards, it's
still a lot cheaper than the SD800. It takes excellent pictures and in low
light too, since at ISO 800 there is no noise. I doubt you can go higher
than ISO 400 with the SD800, unless you like artifacts in your photos.
Old December 25th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Crunchy Doodle

The SD800 IS is a good choice. For me, the most important features are
the true optical image stabilizer, the wide angle lens, the HI ISO
setting and both SD and SDHC card compatibility. The IS allows me to
get clear shots with lower ISO and longer shutter speeds. The wide
angle lens (wider than most P&S cameras) allows me to get group shots
in tight quarters. Though there is some noise, which I can clean up
with Noise Ninja, I get usable indoor shots with no flash using HI ISO.
I recently bought an 8GB SDHC card for my Panasonic DMC-L1, I tried it
in my SD800 IS and it showed it could take over 4000 shots or 67
minutes of video. Normally, I use a 4GB SD card in my SD800 IS.

Bye.