Android app to remove all location data in bulk

Old June 25th 18, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

Default Android app to remove all location data in bulk

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact all I want
is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for Android and I haven't come across
one.

then you haven't looked.

I have looked and installed several of the apps I found but none do what I
asked for.

then keep looking, or refine your search terms to get better results.

Why don't you even name one? You claim there are such tools, you must
have used or known them. So please say which and don't tell the asker to
google it.

i gave sufficient clues for search terms to be able to find such an
app. it's not that difficult. really, it isn't.

i am not going to spoon feed him or anyone else, especially one who has
a stick up his ass about searching.

Prove it: prove that those tools exist. Provide the exact name of the
tool, prove a google search query that finds that tool.

I know I know: you have not the foggiest idea.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old June 25th 18, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 03:48:13 +0200, "Carlos E.R."

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

It took me about 10 seconds on Google - including batch removal, but
I'm not about to get in the middle of this little dispute. It would
appear that there is a bit of an issue between nospam and the OP.
Old June 25th 18, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

that's about how long it took me for an initial set of results.

further tweaking the query terms helped refined those results.
Old June 25th 18, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

If you can't help me find an app to do a bulk EXIF delete then please don't
feel obliged to answer my request. Please don't make claims about what I
bothered to do when you are guessing. Maybe I'm crap at searching but I
did search and did so many times and on various days and also installed
various candidate apps, so you have no grounds to tell me I didn't search.

bull****.

you might have done a quick query, but that's about it.

try changing the query terms to obtain better results. repeat until you
get what you seek.

learning how to find stuff online is an incredibly good skill to have,
and it's something that comes with experience.

and no, i'm not going to spoon feed you.

Bull****. You have no idea of the question asked, so you fly.

bull**** right back. i know exactly what he wants to do.

Name one
app that does what the OP asked, or go away.

You claim those tools exist: so YOU name them.

i don't do ultimatums.

a proper search will reveal a number of options.

do not give up on the very first query.

change the query terms and you will find what you seek.

in fact, searching on how to do searches reveals a wealth of tricks and
techniques. consider it a learning experience on how to search, which
is a very useful skill, and not just for online either.

there are also ways to automate repetitive tasks on android (and ios
for that matter) for yet another solution. that can be a bit more work
than simply using an app which does it in a tap or two, however, it may
offer advantages for a given workflow.

tl;dr - op immediately gave up and copped an attitude.
Old June 25th 18, 11:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

On 2018-06-25 05:00, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

Prove it. He did several searches. As usual, you know nothing about the
subject but claim you know all.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old June 25th 18, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On 2018-06-24 22:22, nospam wrote:
In article , Jim-P
wrote:

I have many Windows tools which will remove EXIF data, including EXIFtool
which I like for its drag and drop option, and some will do it in bulk.

exiftool is a command line tool and therefore has no drag and drop
capability, other than what the shell itself provides.

If you create a shortcut to "exiftool(-k).exe" then you can drag and drop
your jpg files onto it and it will report the values in a window. I have a
shortcut to Exiftool in my Windows taskbar to do this.

that's a wrapper around exiftool which provides a window and drag/drop.

It was incorrect to say " exiftool is a command line tool and therefore has
no drag and drop capability" because the wrapper facility is provided by
Exiftool.

it's not incorrect.

exiftool is command line tool that's written in perl. it knows nothing
about drag/drop or guis. it's also cross platform.

the wrapper can be provided by anyone and adds support for a specific
platform, which in this case is a windows .exe that also supports
drag/drop, and because windows doesn't normally have perl, he had to
remove the perl dependency.

But it happens to be provided in the exiftool package, so it is part of
the suite.

"nospam" was quite helpful to me until he falsely alleged I was too lazy to
search for an app. That was his mistake. He made an assumption (and it is
often the case someone is too lazy as he alleges) but it was wrong.

Now he's wrong about Exiftool. Putting aside Mac, there is only one
executable provided for Exiftool and it can be used for drag and drop as
well as for launching a command line dialog. Why does your friend say it
is command line only?

https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
Old June 25th 18, 01:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

I have several Windows apps to do batch or bulk removal but not Android.
Can you confirm what you found on Google is actually an Android app?

I tried this and all I got was "EZ unEXIF" buit it is cllumsy and it's
approach to batch is not to select a folder but t use "select all". Try
it. It's not user friendly.

http://www.google.com/search?q=andro...r+OR +cleaner
Old June 25th 18, 01:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On 2018-06-25 05:00, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

I most certainly did several searches. On different days and with
different search parameters.

Searching with "bulk" seems to be of little value as the Google Play store
search doesn't appear to use it when providing results. The results I got
were for one file at a time. Savageduck kindly suggested PhotoExif Edit
but it too is for one file at a time.

Isn't it time for people here to stop name calling and see if they
themselves can actually find a bulk EXIF cleaner for Android without
claiming there "must be one" and "you're lazy"?
Old June 25th 18, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 18:28:52 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

nope. there is no exe included in the exiftool package, which is he
https://sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/Image-ExifTool-11.03.tar.gz

the windows exe is a *separate* download, for those stuck with windows:
https://sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/exiftool-11.03.zip

How does that disprove what I wrote which is: "I have many Windows tools
which will remove EXIF data, including EXIFtool which I like for its drag
and drop option, and some will do it in bulk"?

I stated *Windows*, yet you replied:

"exiftool is a command line tool and therefore has no drag and drop
capability, other than what the shell itself provides. there are third
party tools that may have drag and drop and which use exiftool under the
hood."

That's wrong because I was not talking about 3rd part tools. I said I was
talking about how I used Exiftool on my Windows pc.
Old June 25th 18, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 23:00:25 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

Can you confirm you found a bulk EXIF eraser which works on Android?

I mean other than the clumsy semi-batch EZ unEXIF I mentioned elsewhere.