Sony Gives the DSLR Thingy a New Shoot!

Old September 20th 16, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Sony Gives the DSLR Thingy a New Shoot!

The hipster gear features a pelix mirror and a whooping 42MP sensor...
And an EVF!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-announces-new-a99ii/
--
teleportation kills
Old September 20th 16, 07:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

The hipster gear features a pelix mirror and a whooping 42MP
sensor... And an EVF!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-announces-new-a99ii

It's pretty impressive, I wonder what the low light performance is. My Sony
A7RII is decent in low light so I'm going to assume it's comparable.

This is the first DSLR with in-body stabilization, is it not?

--
Sandman
Old September 20th 16, 11:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 20/09/2016 4:57 @wiz, Sandman wrote:

This is the first DSLR with in-body stabilization, is it not?

Nup. THe PEntaxK1 had it 8 months ago.
Not sure about others but I think one of the older Sonys and another
Pentax had it.
Old September 20th 16, 11:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 20/09/2016 22:02, Noons wrote:
On 20/09/2016 4:57 @wiz, Sandman wrote:

This is the first DSLR with in-body stabilization, is it not?

Nup. THe PEntaxK1 had it 8 months ago.
Not sure about others but I think one of the older Sonys and another
Pentax had it.

Olympus had it in a 4/3 dslr (E-3) 9 years ago.
A problem with in body IS in an SLR is that the image isn't stabilised
in the viewfinder - nor on the AF focus point in the case of
(off-sensor) PDAF.
Old September 21st 16, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Monday, 19 September 2016 21:20:38 UTC-4, android wrote:
The hipster gear features a pelix mirror and a whooping 42MP sensor...
And an EVF!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-announces-new-a99ii/
--
teleportation kills

Pelix? What's the point? Might as well be mirrorless. No light loss.

Ask Sony, but my guess would be phase detection AF...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autofocus#Phase_detection
--
teleportation kills