Any inexpensive image editor that supports 48-bit color?

Old June 28th 04, 10:42 PM
Fuzzy Logic

Default Any inexpensive image editor that supports 48-bit color?

John Smith wrote in news:XghBc.13811$MW4.8612
@nwrdny03.gnilink.net:

Hello,

I'm looking for a good and inexpensive image editor that can do
16-bit-per-channel color. I've looked at Cinepaint (used to be Film
GIMP) but it's based on a rather old version of GIMP and the project
seems to have stagnated (haven't seen a new working version for Windows
for a while). I've also considered PSP 8, but it doesn't seem to support
16 bits per channel color. The only solution I'm aware of is Photoshop
but the price is beyond my budget for a hobby.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive image editing package that support 16
bit/channel color?

Thanks in advance.

ThumbsPlus 7 will. Currently in beta. I've been using this program for years
and it just keeps getting better. You can try the beta for nothing and see
what you think. I expect it to be out of beta in the next month or so.

www.cerious.com

I believe regular price is about $100 and they have a special offer now if
you order early for $10 off.