Alternative to buying lots of memory cards?

Old June 28th 04, 11:15 PM
Ron Hunter

Default Alternative to buying lots of memory cards?

NoNameAtAll wrote:
You raise some good points, so I should clarify. The reason I'm interested in a
storage device is that, while right now I have a camera that uses SmartMedia
cards, it's very likely that I'll replace it in the near future with one that
uses a different card. And because there are so many different kinds I don't
want to buy a bunch of new cards only to replace them again when I move on to
yet another camera. I thought a storage device might solve that problem. You're
correct, however, that in the meantime I probably do have plenty of memory just
by having so many SmartMedia cards.

It is true that all of the current card types are subject to replacement
by newer technology, just as SmartMedia is no longer 'current'.
However, the CF format seems to be lasting well, and the SD format is
the most popular at this point. I doubt you can go far wrong with
either of them.