Anyone ever arrested for taking a photo in the U.S.?

Old June 28th 04, 01:28 AM
Dane Brickman

Default Anyone ever arrested for taking a photo in the U.S.?

You need to check your facts.... At least over 10 k of the Huns (many
members of the Bund) and a like number of Italians were interned during
WW11.

Of course, in keeping with American racial policies, that was a fraction of
the number of Japanese carted off.

"Jeff" wrote in message

"MikeS" wrote in message

"Johnny" wrote in message
et...
One of the guys at a local camera store said he was tracked down and
questioned after taking pictures of a local (Omaha, NE) 40-story bank
building.

John

John and et all,
I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember McCarthyism ( a US

of
A phenomenon) where anyone who was a communist in 1921 was a red under

the
bed. Likewise at the out break of WW2 in the US of A all Japanese,

looking
individuals where interned. Likewise any Italians, Germans and Japanese
where interned funny enough the Russians where are allies in WW2 (

strictly
a marriage of convenience).
It seems History is repeating itself as though we are reliving the same
scenario over and over again , its like a science fiction story except

its
real. Tony Blare our prim minister said at his hustings education

education
education we its a fine mess he's got us into where is the education
education educatiion?!!!
Freedom costs with over reaction and loss of freedom. sacrifice the few

for
the many!!! One has to exercise some common sense.
MikeS

You might want to check your facts here. At no time we German or

Itialians
put into intrernment camps, that was strictly and only west coast

Japanese.

Good luck.

Old June 28th 04, 02:50 AM
Skip M

Those were German and Italian nationals, think how many American citizens
(civilians) were interned by those two nations and Japan.
The "Japanese" who were interned were largely American citizens...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old June 28th 04, 08:46 AM
MikeS

Admittedly 9/11 has increased sensitivities, but caution is hardly
McCarthyism. BTW -- I have the tape "Point of Order": Truly chilling,
just as when I watched it on live TV in the 50s.

Phil
Yes Phil I saw the twin towers in the UK almost as it happened people

where phoning one another to the piont that the phone sysem clogged up. What
was happening was/is awful but does not justify the loss of common sense
that has happened since.
MikeS

Old June 28th 04, 08:59 AM
MikeS

You might want to check your facts here. At no time we German or

Itialians
put into intrernment camps, that was strictly and only west coast

Japanese.

Good luck.

Sorry your probably right it was only in the UK because in the US of A has

a lot of European second and third generation immigrants in the US of A that
arrived in the circa 1920's and common sense dictates you couldn't bang up
most of the population. The same here in the UK, I was probably form
Belgium of France who knows. Does it really matter the point is some of the
so called restrictions applied since 9/11 is an excuse to restrict freedom
of expression by commerce and our leaders either we are safe on a self made
prison or we imprison suspects in which due procedure of Habus corpus is
thing of fiction, BIG BROTHER HAS ARRIVED, Orwell you where right. My fire
wall will not save me from M15 here in the UK we are Videoed in our normal
activities probably 10 times a day. Cameras on motor ways in mails. In
central London we pay to enter using registration number recognition
technology next step face recognition so the driver can be recognised.

Still I digress I was stopped in mail and told I could photograph the
building and people but not the shop fronts as there is copy right issue.
The next time I want to take photographs, I should get permission and it
would be OK. At Canary Wharf here in London one needs a licence(private
land). I advise, before taking photographs on private property get
permission. Its a separate issue taking from outside say in the case of the
M15 building which is in the public domain and a bit obvious or Buckingham
palace surly photographing in these circumstances is not an infringment of
any public safety issue.
MikeS

Old June 28th 04, 08:22 PM

In message ,
"Chuck" wrote:

No .. but I've been to events where they ban any camera with a removable
lens.

Where and why ?

The "why" is that it's an easy way for them to distinguish people taking
snapshots from people taking images worth selling. No 100% effective,
but roughly so.
--

John P Sheehy