firmware for nikon s3

Old August 19th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
chelo

Default firmware for nikon s3

Hi, I'm desperely looking firmware for my Nikon S3. I've lose background in
menu, it's very odd. It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,
and I have sent them several mails with no response.
I hope somebody could help me!

Old August 19th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
No Spam[_4_]

"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote in message news:88e893d8dd336@uwe...
Hi, I'm desperely looking firmware for my Nikon S3. I've lose background
in
menu, it's very odd. It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,
and I have sent them several mails with no response.
I hope somebody could help me!

S3 no firmware updates available

Source:
http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...?p_faqid=13783

So there were no end-user firmware updates, so that means the camera has to
be sent to Nikon for repair.

Old August 19th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jürgen Exner

"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote:
It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,

Can't reproduce your observation, I didn't have any problems downloading
updates for my Nikon.

jue
Old August 19th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
chelo

There's no official service here in Argentina...
And I don't need an "update", I just need to restore original firmware.

Old August 19th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
chelo

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly, I just wasn't able to find original
firmware for my camera, not an update. I've a registered camera with a serial
number and I have send several mail to Nikon support with that information,
but didn't have any answer.
If someone has an idea on how to proceed it will be very helpful for me.

Old August 19th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Darrell A. Larose[_2_]

The original firmware is only available to authorized Nikon Service outlets;

"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote in message news:88e8af1444976@uwe...
There's no official service here in Argentina...
And I don't need an "update", I just need to restore original firmware.

Argentina,
Eduardo Udenio y Cia.S.A.C.I.F.I.
Ayacucho 1235, Buenos Aires (1111), Argentina

Tel: +54-11-4811-1864
E-mail:

Old August 19th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
chelo

Thanks, I already called that people, but they only repair cameras imported
by them to Argentina. That's not my case.

Old August 19th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
No Spam[_4_]

So your only option is to throw the camera away, as this has no user
accessible firmware. How do you know your problem is a firmware problem, and
not hardware failure?

Old August 19th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
No Spam[_4_]

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote:
It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,

Can't reproduce your observation, I didn't have any problems downloading
updates for my Nikon.

jue

S3 no firmware updates available based on Nikon's website. Can't
download something that doesn't exist.

Old August 19th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
chelo

I know that because I have "visions", and one of them told me that it's a
firmware problem and also told me that you're a loser.

No Spam wrote:
So your only option is to throw the camera away, as this has no user
accessible firmware. How do you know your problem is a firmware problem, and
not hardware failure?

Thanks, I already called that people, but they only repair cameras
imported

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
E-mail: