I am learning photography

Old June 28th 04, 01:32 PM
Mark B.

Default I am learning photography

"Jimmy Smith" wrote in message

Giorgio,

Sorry, you may be a professional, but, you come off like a self serving
troll or an aggressive Sigma employee. Maybe if you "soften" your

technique
it would be better.

Jimmy

He's not a professional - no pro worth their salt would make outrageous
claims about the equipment they use and at the same time make up lies about
other manufacturers. A real professional would discuss technique, workflow,
exposure tips, etc. I wouldn't even listen to enthusiasts, like most of us
are, that talk the way gp does. Self serving troll fits him perfectly.

Mark

Old June 28th 04, 01:34 PM
Mark B.

"Chris" wrote in message
m...

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...
I am a professional photography instructor at a major University. I am
no stranger to the learning process. The 10D may please you now, but
once you start to grow as a photographer you will be itching for a
more complete system with less problems. See my post about the
advantages of Sigma over other camera manufacturers. It should prove
to be very informative.

So, if that's really true, why do the MAJORITY of the pros here not like
Sigma all that much?

Why do the majority of pros ANYWHERE not like Sigma? Look at the sidelines
of any major sporting event - all Nikon & Canon. Doubt you'll see any
Sigmas at the Olympics either.

Mark

Old June 28th 04, 04:37 PM
Giorgio Preddio

DJ wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:21:34 GMT, "Chris" wrote:

snip
such an instructor (University faculty are called Professor, in case you
forgot that, somehow.), you should be following a textbook, and not trying

With respect, that's a parochial American statement. Here in Australia they may
be called Lecturers. In other countries they are Instructors.

Isn't it amazing how he assumes that I am an American? In another
thread he was making fun of my English sentence structure. Too bad
(for him) that English is not my first language, nor is it the
language I teach in.
Old June 28th 04, 09:35 PM
Edge

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...
DJ wrote in message

. ..

Isn't it amazing how he assumes that I am an American? In another
thread he was making fun of my English sentence structure. Too bad
(for him) that English is not my first language, nor is it the
language I teach in.

and yet, still not clever enough to cut the cross posting .... :-/

Old June 28th 04, 11:05 PM
Eddie

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...
DJ wrote in message

. ..
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:21:34 GMT, "Chris" wrote:

snip
such an instructor (University faculty are called Professor, in case

you
forgot that, somehow.), you should be following a textbook, and not

trying

With respect, that's a parochial American statement. Here in Australia

they may
be called Lecturers. In other countries they are Instructors.

Isn't it amazing how he assumes that I am an American? In another
thread he was making fun of my English sentence structure. Too bad
(for him) that English is not my first language, nor is it the
language I teach in.

Georgio, I do no like to flame, but will you please **** off and do your
Sigma promotion elsewhere. We have 3 Canons at home all are good. I am
totally sick of your continued criticism of Canons, it is ill founded and
unwanted. Your mails are akin to Spam. GO AWAY!

Eddie

Old June 29th 04, 12:20 AM
n.t.

I suspect your native language is bull****-double-talk.