The incredible journey of a camera lost at sea for 2 years.

Old March 29th 18, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default The incredible journey of a camera lost at sea for 2 years.

On 2018-03-29 12:55:42 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

Just a camera lost at sea, found and the images posted then the owner found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43579098

can't find a refernece to which camera though, most annoying.

Who cares, it was obsolete. Those pictures must have precious to it's
owner though:

""I am so lucky and happy to have this miracle opportunity to feel
kindness of people in my life," she said.
"Those pictures remind me of old memories and brought me back to those."
She told the BBC she now plans to go to Taiwan in June to thank the
teacher and the school children and pick up her long lost camera. "
Or she just wanna have another fifteen minutes...
--
teleportation kills

Old March 29th 18, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-03-29 12:55:42 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

Just a camera lost at sea, found and the images posted then the owner found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43579098

can't find a refernece to which camera though, most annoying.

Who cares, it was obsolete.

How do you know, they haven't mentioned what camera is was and most
working cameras need not be obsolete.

it was over two years old! :-ppp

Those pictures must have precious to it's
owner though:

doesn't that depend on who took those photos.

The owner of the camera, idiot!!

""I am so lucky and happy to have this miracle opportunity to feel
kindness of people in my life," she said.
"Those pictures remind me of old memories and brought me back to those."
She told the BBC she now plans to go to Taiwan in June to thank the
teacher and the school children and pick up her long lost camera. "
Or she just wanna have another fifteen minutes...

More likely she was happy to see the photos after believing they were
gone forever 2 years ago.

Oki... It would have been cheaper for her to buy a new camera...
--
teleportation kills

Old March 29th 18, 04:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 29, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-03-29 12:55:42 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

[...]

She probably did buy a new camera, but the photos taken on the lost camera
were undoubtably of more value to her than the lost camera.

Savageduck

Old March 30th 18, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-03-29 12:55:42 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

Just a camera lost at sea, found and the images posted then the owner found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43579098

can't find a refernece to which camera though, most annoying.

Who cares, it was obsolete. Those pictures must have precious to it's
owner though:

Remember when actual pictures mattered more than the camera that took them?

Yes... In the film days when no EXIF data was avaible... Few could
distiguish between a Rolie 35 and a Leica. I had both for a while...

http://www.kameramuseum.de/0-fotokameras/rollei/rollei-35/rollei-35-t.jpg
--
teleportation kills