Lowepro backpack for MF system

Old March 6th 04, 04:40 PM
Christopher Woodhouse

Default Lowepro backpack for MF system

I would like to buy a backpack for cycling with a Rollei 6008 with a few
lenses in a backpack, keeping it as small as possible. Does anyone have
first hand experience of the Orion AW or the MiniTrekker AW ? Would it
handle a 3 lens kit with a hood and some filters?

The Orion AW is supposed to have a tripod attachment, but the on-line
catalogue is vague. Does it attach down the side or up the middle?

--
Regards Chris Woodhouse

Old March 6th 04, 04:46 PM
Paul King

The answer is yes.
I have the Lowepro Mini-Trekker, and have used it hiking (2 or 3 hour
hikes). I carry my Bronica ETRS (with speed grip) with 2 lenses,
teleconverter, hood, 5 or 6 rolls of film, an extra film back, remote
cable, and tripod. It has enough adjustable (with Velcro) inserts to let
you fit any similar system, and also a handy pouch on the cover to hold
lunch, a small jacket, paper, pens, etc. It surprised me how much I
could fit.
It is comfortable to wear, although it spent as much time off my back as
on (lots of stops to shoot).

Paul King
Kingston, ON, Canada

Old March 7th 04, 04:25 AM
Elemental

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 11:46:22 -0500, Paul King wrote:

I have the Lowepro Mini-Trekker, and have used it hiking (2 or 3 hour
hikes). I carry my Bronica ETRS (with speed grip) with 2 lenses,
teleconverter, hood, 5 or 6 rolls of film, an extra film back, remote
cable, and tripod. It has enough adjustable (with Velcro) inserts to let
you fit any similar system, and also a handy pouch on the cover to hold
lunch, a small jacket, paper, pens, etc. It surprised me how much I could
fit.
It is comfortable to wear, although it spent as much time off my back as
on (lots of stops to shoot).

May I ask what you shoot? I'm looking at doing more nature shots and
would like to know what people typically shoot.

Old March 7th 04, 05:01 AM
Paul King

Dear 'Elemental' (?)

For many, I know that a 'nature' shot is one without the influence of
man visible in the picture. Not so for me.
I usually shoot in Black and white, and for me, some of my favourites
are old sheds and buildings (many provincial and national parks here in
Canada), unique architecture (i.e. doors, windows, fountains, etc. as
found in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico) and interesting things I observe
on walks in my home town of Kingston, Ontario (i.e. anything from tossed
garbage to grocery carts to people to birds, I never know).
I am not much for landscape particularly, except for sunsets, which I
will shoot in colour.

Elemental wrote:

May I ask what you shoot? I'm looking at doing more nature shots
andwould like to know what people typically shoot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paul King
Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Old March 7th 04, 05:48 AM
¡¹¡¸Lonely Boy¡¸¡¹

I am using Mini Trekker too, for my Hasselblad.

--
Please remove NOSPAM when replying!
--

"Christopher Woodhouse" ¦b¶l¥ó