Need an instrction manual for your camera, flash or lens?

Old March 2nd 04, 01:40 AM
Mike

Default Need an instrction manual for your camera, flash or lens?

"Stacey" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

That may be true. Let me put it this way, Nikon's repair CD is the only
camera service information I have seen in over 20 years that says

anything
about copy write or unauthorized reprint and distribution.

So you're defending this jerk posting his ads here? Whatever...

--

Stacey

Defending him ??? You truly do jump to conclusions.

What I was making was an observation, nothing more. My other observation is
that most of the manufactures could give a damn less as there are literally
hundreds of copies that can be had from a number of sources.
With a few exceptions, those being an auction, every one of my parts and
service manuals came from the manufactures. Some of them cost me as much as
$75.00 for the service and $50 for the parts. My library cost me nearly
$4,000

Old March 2nd 04, 02:24 AM
Mike

"Stacey" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

That may be true. Let me put it this way, Nikon's repair CD is the

only
camera service information I have seen in over 20 years that says

anything
about copy write or unauthorized reprint and distribution.

So you're defending this jerk posting his ads here? Whatever...

--

Stacey

Defending him ???

Yes you -are- defending him whether you realise it or not.

And lets see if you can follow this logic, you spend $4000 on manuals and
you don't think the owners of the copyrights of this information cares
about this being sold by someone who copied these manuals? Nah they don't
care about the money these manuals generate..

--

Stacey

Stacey you have missed the point entirely. The point is
this......IF.....Mamiya, Bronica, Canon, Nikon...etc cared about the fact
that OTHER people were selling their manuals then "THEY" would do something
about it.......don't you think?
I purchased all my manuals from the importers and distributors because there
wasn't any other place to get them, I acquired them ALL *years* before there
were online sources. Does that mean I would get them from some other source
now, today? No.

Old March 2nd 04, 03:00 AM
Stacey

Mike wrote:

YOU said it yourself "Of -COURSE- I can't do anything and those people
don't care."

By 'those people' I meant the owners of the copyrights. Maybe the guy would
wonder if this might be more trouble than it's worth, thanx for explaining
to him that is won't be. I still don't understand what you were trying to
get out of defending a spammer.

Get a life Stacey you make a sorry NG cop.

:-(

I -was- trying to help, sorry I tried.

--

Stacey
Old March 2nd 04, 03:52 AM
Mark A

And lets see if you can follow this logic, you spend $4000 on manuals and
you don't think the owners of the copyrights of this information cares
about this being sold by someone who copied these manuals? Nah they don't
care about the money these manuals generate..
Stacey

I know that I am coming in the middle of this thread (without reading
everything), but most companies are publishing their newer manuals on the
web in PDF format these days for anyone to download. I know for a fact that
it includes Nikon and Canon, and I suspect that the vast majority of others
are the same. I recently downloaded the user's manual for my vacuum cleaner.

Old March 2nd 04, 04:09 AM
Nick Zentena

Mark A wrote:

I know that I am coming in the middle of this thread (without reading
everything), but most companies are publishing their newer manuals on the
web in PDF format these days for anyone to download. I know for a fact that
it includes Nikon and Canon, and I suspect that the vast majority of others
are the same. I recently downloaded the user's manual for my vacuum cleaner.

So does Pentax but that doesn't mean they would like the idea of thier
manuals being sold. You see those pdf manuals being sold on Ebay all the
time. It can't be creating any good will for the companies when people find
out they could have just downloaded them.

Nick
Old March 2nd 04, 06:45 AM
Mike

"Stacey" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

Stacey you have missed the point entirely.

No Mike YOU are missing the point -entirely-.

Some jackass spams the newsgroup. I post something that I hoped would make
them think twice about posting here again. You feel you need to impress
someone (?) with your knowledge and -defend- him without thinking why I
posted that responce. Of -COURSE- I can't do anything and those people
don't care. You explained it in detail so this jackass now knows there is
nothing anyone can do. Yes Mike I already knew what you said is true, feel
better now?

Now he will probably post this garbage regularly since you saw this need

defend what this jackass is doing. You're clueless....
--

Stacey

YOU said it yourself "Of -COURSE- I can't do anything and those people
don't care." Get a life Stacey you make a sorry NG cop.

Old March 2nd 04, 06:47 AM
Mike

"Stacey" wrote in message
Nick Zentena wrote:

Mark A wrote:

I know that I am coming in the middle of this thread (without reading
everything), but most companies are publishing their newer manuals on

the
web in PDF format these days for anyone to download. I know for a fact
that it includes Nikon and Canon, and I suspect that the vast majority

of
others are the same. I recently downloaded the user's manual for my
vacuum cleaner.

So does Pentax but that doesn't mean they would like the idea of thier
manuals being sold. You see those pdf manuals being sold on Ebay all

the
time. It can't be creating any good will for the companies when people
find out they could have just downloaded them.

The whole point was trying to keep this jackass from posting this

regularly.
Now that it's been explained by these people in detail (defending a
spammer?) that he can't get in trouble for any of this.... oh whatever,
hope y'all like people posting crap like this here.
--

Stacey

Conspiracies every where a conspiracy. He won't get into trouble and you
can't stop him or anyone from posting crap. I have never heard anyone whine
like you do.

Old March 2nd 04, 07:17 AM
Mark A

I know that I am coming in the middle of this thread (without reading
everything), but most companies are publishing their newer manuals on

the
web in PDF format these days for anyone to download. I know for a fact

that
it includes Nikon and Canon, and I suspect that the vast majority of

others
are the same. I recently downloaded the user's manual for my vacuum

cleaner.

So does Pentax but that doesn't mean they would like the idea of thier
manuals being sold. You see those pdf manuals being sold on Ebay all the
time. It can't be creating any good will for the companies when people

find
out they could have just downloaded them.

Nick

At least some of the manuals sold on ebay are older ones and not available
on-line (although some companies have even scanned the older ones into PDF
files). If someone is smart enough to use a computer and bid on an ebay
auction, they ought to be smart enough to check out the vendor web site for
the manual before purchasing on ebay. I think that most companies have a lot
more important things to worry about.

Old March 2nd 04, 01:21 PM
Nick Zentena

Mark A wrote:

At least some of the manuals sold on ebay are older ones and not available
on-line (although some companies have even scanned the older ones into PDF
files). If someone is smart enough to use a computer and bid on an ebay
auction, they ought to be smart enough to check out the vendor web site for
the manual before purchasing on ebay. I think that most companies have a lot
more important things to worry about.

You mean like trademark and copyright infringement?

Nick