More Panasonic P&S perfection

Old November 14th 07, 08:13 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
agro D-Mac

Default More Panasonic P&S perfection

The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most people
will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be taken by
nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation with such an
outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

Old November 14th 07, 08:50 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete D

"agro D-Mac" wrote in message
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most
people will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be
taken by nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation with
such an outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

Sorry but you don't seem to exist!

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.douglasjames.com.au.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

Old November 14th 07, 09:10 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dennis Pogson

agro D-Mac wrote:
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most
people will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be
taken by nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation
with such an outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

I share your enthuiasm for Panasonic "bridge" cameras, having an FZ20 that I
regularly take with me in preference to my Nikon D70s with it's various
lenses.

Dennis.

Old November 14th 07, 09:11 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell[_3_]

agro D-Mac wrote:
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most people
will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be taken by
nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation with such an
outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

You should change your nick to "Showbags" - things look ok
at first, but ultimately you discover that it's just the
same old ****.
Old November 14th 07, 09:28 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas[_4_]

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:50:49 +1100, Pete D wrote:

"agro D-Mac" wrote in message
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most
people will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be
taken by nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation with
such an outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

Sorry but you don't seem to exist!

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.douglasjames.com.au.

Works for me. It's your ISP's DNS that's not updating.

--
If you don't defend your rights... You end up without any!
Old November 14th 07, 09:34 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
HowardEdwards

"agro D-Mac" wrote in message
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most
people will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be
taken by nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation with
such an outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

Sorry but you don't seem to exist!

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.douglasjames.com.au.

Sounds like your DNS (domain name server) is working about as well as any DSLR
at the moment. But unlike a DSLR, a DNS will be restored to full usefulness
eventually. :-)

Page loaded up just fine here.

Nice use of a flash diffuser.

Old November 14th 07, 10:09 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Nov 14, 7:34 pm, HowardEdwards wrote:

Sounds like your DNS (domain name server) is working about as well as any DSLR
at the moment. But unlike a DSLR, a DNS will be restored to full usefulness
eventually. :-)

Page loaded up just fine here.

Nice use of a flash diffuser.

G'day Howard - new to Usenet, I see!! Excellent first post.

(grin)

As for the photo, macros leave me cold unless very, very good. Roses
images leave me colder, unless... And use of flash, even when
(largely ineffectively) diffused by a highly professional paper bag,
for such images ...?

...well, you get the picture.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm sure Douglas will sell this one
for the same sort of profit levels he has received for his other
recently auctioned (in New York and London, doncha know) images.

Jolly well done, I say!!

Old November 14th 07, 10:21 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bob Williams

agro D-Mac wrote:
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most people
will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be taken by
nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation with such an
outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

Nice shot of a classically beautiful subject.
Macro photography is where P/S cameras excel.
Almost any P/S can get 1:1 Macro shots straight away.
Most DSLRs cannot get a 1:1 macro without a separate macro lens or some
other auxiliary equipment.
Admittedly, with the Macro lens, a DSLR will probably outperform "most"
P/S cameras but it is a hassle, an added expense and does expose the
DSLR sensor to potentially troublesome dust particles.
Let the flames begin... :-)
Bob Williams
Old November 14th 07, 12:35 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Harold Hughes - Activity Director

Doug Jewell wrote:
agro D-Mac wrote:
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most
people will ever need. Total cost? Under $700 Images like this can be
taken by nearly anyone with a little patience and experimentation with
such an outfit.
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/more-panasonic.htm

Douglas

You should change your nick to "Showbags" -

He must have missed that one he has gone back to A and adding an old
name to it.

Tomorrow it will be Agro..Julian

Old November 14th 07, 12:58 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
-hh

wrote:

G'day Howard - new to Usenet, I see!! Excellent first post.

Sorry "Mark", but this "Howard" is a resident troll who nameshifts.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm sure Douglas will...

It is quite amazing how you just happen to be posting from Melborne
and constantly posting nice things about Douglas so frequently.

But that's just my opinion that it would seem that you also already
know what a "sockpuppet" is, and how to troll with them. In the old
days, this was called a "shill" when such seemingly third parties were
used to promote a business

Considering how unethical it is to use shills, it unfortunately casts
a negative light on "Photography by Douglas St James". Perhaps its
reflected in his business and he's struggling financially? Any idea
what Douglas's real day job is?

Of course, with the arrogance that he has in print on his own website,
it is hardly surprising that his attitude wouldn't scare away some
potential customers.

And the promotional shot in question ... if one examines it closely
(hint: left side) ... it has particular topical irony.

-hh