Photoshop installation error

Old June 3rd 18, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Photoshop installation error

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 14:29:10 -0400, nospam wrote
in lid:

Just say *no*!!!

no.

That was not that hard, right? Can you say nuke again? :-))

--
teleportation kills
Old June 3rd 18, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 3, 2018, android wrote
(in articlepan$91bbe$f856bf25$b1679285$d322b93a@there .was):

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 10:09:26 -0700, Savageduck
wrote in
:

Not if they want to edit photographs properly.

You must have missed these:
[---]

No.

Regardless of what you think it might be, the iPad, especially the
iPad Pro is a computer.
It does not do that what is expected from a workstation. Period.

It was never intended to be a workstation.

A workstation of some sort is required for serious photo editing. You
need proper input devices and displays with at least some real estate. A
mobile device just don't cut it other then for grins and laughs...

While I prefer working on my iMac with various software options, including,
but not limited to LR CCC, PS CC, and several plug-ins when doing any photo
editing. I do not feel too deprived of input devices, or display quality when
using my iPad Pro together with the Apple Pencil, and Lightroom CC, or
Affinity Photo. The iPad Pro together with the Apple Pencil with its pressure
sensitivity is a great tool for all levels of photo editing. The Apple Pencil
is as accurate as working with a Wacom tablet, and much more useful than a
mouse. I certainly did not feel ill equipped for photo editing on my last
trip away from home because I didn’t have my desktop, or a laptop with me.

Savageduck

Old June 3rd 18, 11:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 3 Jun 2018 07:39:15 GMT, android wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 07:10:46 +0100, David Taylor
wrote in
:

On 03/06/2018 06:56, android wrote:
[] You were commenting on Pixelstyle, a macOS editor...

If you want free for iOS, or Android there are always these:

[---]

Those won't work on a computer... :-ppp

An iPad is all the computer you might ever need!

(Maybe)

No it isn't and it's not a computer by popular definition since it lacks
proper input devices and reasonable sized display. It's a tablet. Little
different from those that Samsung sells. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 of that
make tucked away somewhere...

What's popular definition got to do with it? If you insist on that you
are ruling out all the very early computers.

Eric Stevens
Old June 4th 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/2/2018 11:47 PM, android wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 12:37:39 -0700, Savageduck
wrote in
:

On Jun 2, 2018, PeterN wrote (in article
):

After a Win10 update, Photoshop stopped working. I tried uninstall and
reinstall, but kept getting errors, and warnings.
"FATAL: Error (Code = 160) executing in command
'SetRegistryValueCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop18-Core_x64',
version:18.1.1.252

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name:
AdobePhotoshop18-Core_x64 Version: 18.1.1.252). Error code: '160'

WARN: Error Setting Registry - Start 64-bit:1 root:2
key:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe
nameefault type:REG_SZ data:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC
2017\Photoshop.exe. Check for Registry permissions. (Error: Error 5
Access is denied.)"

I checked the Adobe forums and got an answer that worked.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2342594

I thought I would pass this on in case anyone else had a similar issue.

...and here I was thinking the answer that would work would be; “Get a
Mac”.

I told the man eons ago that he should treat himself to one, but all I
got was some grumpy "Hmmpf". His on his own now! ;-ppp

I am not getting involved in a Win v Apple discussion. Both have
advantages, and both have disadvantages. In today's market, it is simply
a matter of personal preference.
I will only add, I have two daughters. One is an IT professional, and
the other a nationally respected graphics professional. For their
personal use at home, my IT daughter prefers Apple, and the Graphics
professional, who works from home several days a week, prefers to use a PC.
As I have previously stated, any discussion of this type is about as
productive as discussing whether toilet paper rolls should be pulled
from the bottom, or the top.

--
PeterN
Old June 4th 18, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/3/2018 11:22 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , android
wrote:

An iPad is all the computer you might ever need!

(Maybe)

No it isn't and it's not a computer by popular definition since it
lacks proper input devices and reasonable sized display.

an ipad absolutely is a computer by popular definition and for many
people, is ideal for their needs.

Not if they want to edit photographs properly.

there are plenty of photo editing apps for ipads, as well as for
iphones, which is also a computer.

also, editing photos is not what defines whether something is a
computer or not.

It's a tablet. Little different from those that Samsung sells. I have a
Galaxy Tab 2 of that make tucked away somewhere...

actually, it's quite a bit different.

Liar. They are both sandboxed environments under running under a Unix
type kernel.

that's like saying a porsche and a yugo are both metal boxes with an
engine and wheels.

If you think about it, most cars are just four wheels, and steel.
Well this one of a kind has a lot of brass.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hszpbvhjf8p5wi/20180603_cars%20antique%20flowers_6871.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old June 4th 18, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/3/2018 1:34 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , android
wrote:

Regardless of what you think it might be, the iPad, especially the iPad
Pro is a computer.

It does not do that what is expected from a workstation. Period.

workstations are not the only form of computers.

OMG We agree.

--
PeterN
Old June 4th 18, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 3, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 6/3/2018 12:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 3, 2018, android wrote
(in articlepan$20781$a9e593d9$f43753ef$2b7a24a7@there .was):

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 10:52:36 -0400, wrote
in lid:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/ipad-update/

http://www.pixelmator.com/ios/

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

Regardless of what you think it might be, the iPad, especially the iPad Pro
is a computer.

https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

Is an abacus also a computer?
How about the comptometer?

Actually, both are calculators. To turn them into computers their calculating
function should be programable, and automatic. Neither one has the ability to
do that, so they remain calculators, not computers.

Savageduck

Old June 4th 18, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

[...]

Both are programmable, but not necessarily by the user. If they were not
programmable, they would not calculate.

--
PeterN