mamiya "C" vs "N" lens

Old February 27th 04, 07:33 PM
Don

Default mamiya "C" vs "N" lens

What is the difference between the C and the N lenses?

Don

Old February 28th 04, 10:26 AM
AArDvarK

Maybe the "C" lenses are Sekor, meaning
there is a leaf shutter in them? I would like
to know that myself. Are there Mamiya
"N-Sekor" lenses?

Alex

Old February 28th 04, 12:20 PM
Peter Stöcklein

"Don" wrote in message

What is the difference between the C and the N lenses?

"C" means coated. There are RB 67 Pro (with shutter) and 645 (without
shutter) lenses marked with "C", older RB lenses without "C" newer with
"K/L" (with half aperture stops) and other codings.
All Mamiya M 7 (II) lenses (all with electronic shutter) apre marked "N".

Peter

Old February 29th 04, 06:17 AM
MikeWhy

Grabbing the first lens on hand, it says: "MAMIYA - SEKOR 80mm 1:2.8
N".

So, what's the difference between C and N lenses?

Old March 1st 04, 03:16 PM
Mr 645

there is a leaf shutter in them? I would like
to know that myself. Are there Mamiya
"N-Sekor" lenses?

The "N: lenses are newer versions. Sometimes there were changed optically,
sometimes physically, sometimes both. example is teh 45mm F2.8. The "C" lens
takes 77mm theads and the "N" version takes 67mm. Optically virtually
unchanged. The 150mm was an F4 "C" lens and the "N" version, looks the same
but opens up to F3.5 with a new optical formula.

Jon
http://www.jonlayephotography.com