Interesting...

Old August 25th 05, 12:45 PM
Rox-off

Default Interesting...

Smarterstats shows me that a total of 283 visitors looked at the page I
put up showing the photo of the plane crash on the 23rd.

Interesting...

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

--
Save Photography | Shoot some film today!
Email: drop rods and insert surfaces
Old August 25th 05, 12:52 PM
Mike Warren

Rox-off wrote:
Smarterstats shows me that a total of 283 visitors looked at the page
I put up showing the photo of the plane crash on the 23rd.

Interesting...

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

I suspect a lot of people lurk. I am usually too busy and skim all the
various groups I'm subscribed to. Posting takes much longer and may
mean I miss out on reading something interesting.

-Mike

Old August 25th 05, 01:22 PM
Mark²

"Rox-off" wrote in message
Smarterstats shows me that a total of 283 visitors looked at the page I
put up showing the photo of the plane crash on the 23rd.

Interesting...

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

That's always the way it is.
-Tons more views than comments.
I often view without comment... Don't you?

It's kinda fun to have a counter.
-Always makes me wonder who is looking and where on the planet they're
loking from.
As the song goes...it's a small world, after all.

Old August 25th 05, 01:41 PM
Jan Böhme

Rox-off skrev:

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

A conventional estimate for Usenet in general is that there is a 10:1
ratio between lurkers and participants.

Jan B=F6hme

Old August 25th 05, 02:56 PM
Rox-off

In article EJiPe.8788$Us5.4264@fed1read02, "Mark=B2" mjmorgan(lowest=20
even number says...
=20
"Rox-off" wrote in message=20
Smarterstats shows me that a total of 283 visitors looked at the page I
put up showing the photo of the plane crash on the 23rd.

Interesting...

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

=20
That's always the way it is.
-Tons more views than comments.
I often view without comment... Don't you?
=20
It's kinda fun to have a counter.
-Always makes me wonder who is looking and where on the planet they're=20
loking from.
As the song goes...it's a small world, after all.
=20

Yes, since I moved my hosting from a local company to M6.net I have far=20
more interesting statistics on all my website domain names. For=20
instance, 26% of visitors to my business website seem to view it on a=20
Monday and 21% on a Wednesday. I also seem to get an inordinately large=20
amount of visitors from the US.=20

I just registered a new domain name a few hours ago. You're never going=20
to guess what it is! All shall be revealed in a couple of weeks...

--=20
Old August 25th 05, 05:26 PM
Gijs Rietveld

"Mike Warren" schreef in
bericht eenews.net...
Rox-off wrote:
Smarterstats shows me that a total of 283 visitors looked at the page
I put up showing the photo of the plane crash on the 23rd.

Interesting...

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

I suspect a lot of people lurk. I am usually too busy and skim all the
various groups I'm subscribed to. Posting takes much longer and may
mean I miss out on reading something interesting.

-Mike

Lurking is a more or less negative description of reading or looking at
postings in newsroups like this one.
I believe there is no obligation for participating in a newsgroup only
because you read the postings. You know that your posting is public all over
the world, so don't insinuate that it private to the active 'members' of
the newsgroup.
With all regards, Gijs

Old August 25th 05, 10:16 PM
pixby

Brian Baird wrote:
In article ,
says...

Smarterstats shows me that a total of 283 visitors looked at the page I
put up showing the photo of the plane crash on the 23rd.

Interesting...

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

Far more people than you would think, won't post to Usenet because of
the **** the regular ******s here pile on anyone with an independent
thought or moralistic comment to make. Hiding behind Google is no longer
a really viable option now they have started including a source IP
although it is still possible to forge that. The mail2news scumbags have
mostly been halted too.

A lot of flak has stopped in the past year although it still costs to
price of a court order to discover who made the Google post if you are
that way defamed and think you have deep enough pockets to find the
arsehole responsible. Good luck, most are juvenile or geriatric without
the cost of a decent feed, much less anything worth suing for.

Of course the ******s reserve this treatment for anyone not claiming to
be a deciple to the God of EOS. If that stopped, all the wise people of
the world who avoid Canon like the plague, might discover Usenet all
over again. Huh! hell will freeze over first.

As it is, I suggest this group ought to be renamed to
rec.photo.canon.slr-systems so anyone contemplating a post to it will
know in advance what to expect if they even think they can mention a
different brand and escape unscathed.

--
Douglas,
You never really make it on the 'net
Old August 25th 05, 10:41 PM
Jeremy Nixon

pixby wrote:

Of course the ******s reserve this treatment for anyone not claiming to
be a deciple to the God of EOS. If that stopped, all the wise people of
the world who avoid Canon like the plague, might discover Usenet all
over again. Huh! hell will freeze over first.

While the relentless, unthinking Canon-worship bothers me as much as
anyone, if you really think that's why people get on your case... it's not.
You'd get the same thing if you were a Canon loyalist.

--
Jeremy |
Old August 25th 05, 10:43 PM
Mojtaba