Camcorder Repair Service for Sony

Old May 3rd 04, 08:38 PM
itten

Default Camcorder Repair Service for Sony

I have a Sony Digital 8 TRV 720 Handicam that no longer works. Is
there a Sony Repair Service Center I can send it to for an estimate?
At first I thought the heads were dirty and tried to clean it with a
cassette cleaner. Now it will not play or record but I can hear it
running. I'm not sure if it's worth fixing or just getting another one
on Ebay?
Old May 3rd 04, 09:41 PM
Craig Williams

I recently had a repair done by Sony Electronics at Bristol, PA
(www.sony.com/repair). The turnaround time was excellent and the original
problem was fixed. But there might be a new problem, so I am withholding
praise of their work until I get this new problem resolved. You can get an
on-line estimate at the web site.

The "fixed" cost for repair of my DCR-TRV70 was about $240 (including tax
and return shipping). Parts were still under warranty, labor was not. It
could easily have gone to $400 + with parts.

A friend just bought a used camcorder on ebay to replace his old one - same
model. The new one came with no accessories, which was fine because he
already had all of that. I suspect this might be your most economical
route.

Craig