Cropping 50 images to the same bottom left corner

Old October 31st 18, 03:45 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
pyotr filipivich

Default JPG/Mayayana "discussion" (was: Cropping 50 images to the same bottom left corner)

"Mayayana" on Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:27:42
-0400 typed in alt.windows7.general the following:
"pyotr filipivich" wrote

| Red Hat sold tech support. You need a change, they'd provide it
| "for a fee". Or you could write it yourself. Open Source.

I don't know all the details, but it sounds to me
like they were twisting the rules a bit, selling an
OS with support while giving away Fedora. It's
not really so different from Microsoft. The latter
sells a product and provides support free. The former
sells support and provides the product free.

https://www.redhat.com/en/store

Pretty expensive for free stuff.
They also have subscriptions. What are they selling
if Linux is OSS? Apparently they *officially* sell their
trademarked artwork (Red hat logos) because that's
the only part that one can't share with friends. One
can have Red Hat free from CentOS, minus the logos.

Giving it away, along with patches, then selling
support separately, would have been the honest
approach. Just as Google's Android is based
on Linux and theoretically OSS. Yet who can actually
choose how it runs? Phone makers in the US are
required to install Google's software. In the EU
they only recently got the right not to. In some
ways that's more restrictive than Windows. And
the spyware is undoubtedly much worse... Good
old OSS.

I'm going to quibble that anything can be "tweaked" out of
recognition. E.G., Google Android may be "open source" but good luck
changing the software on your mobile device.
--
pyotr filipivich
Old October 31st 18, 06:40 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , pyotr
filipivich wrote:

I'm going to quibble that anything can be "tweaked" out of
recognition. E.G., Google Android may be "open source" but good luck
changing the software on your mobile device.

some of it is open source, and several entities have custom builds
based on it.
Old November 6th 18, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
writes
In message 12,
Ammammata writes:
Il giorno Tue 30 Oct 2018 02:06:52a, *George P* ha inviato su
alt.windows7.general il messaggio news cosa ha scritto:

I just tried it with Irfan on 30 photos and it took less than one
second. batch conversion / advanced / etc

This worked.

if you dare to try faststone, it has similar functions

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Would you care to explain why you used the word "dare" (-:?

I've now looked at it (well, the webpage - I've not installed it); from
the list of features, it looks _very_ like IrfanView, with one
exception for me: multilevel undo/redo. (Which is something IrfanView
has lacked for some time: it has undo, but only one level.)

I've downloaded it. Whether I ever get round to trying it, who knows (-:

I can thoroughly recommend FastStone Image Viewer. It has loads of
tools, and I use it for almost all my photo stuff. It's very easy to
use. It even has an extremely useful screen capture facility (although
FastStone do a dedicated one, which has more facilities). The portable
version seems to be the same as the install version.
--
Ian