Doggie style

Old June 23rd 04, 06:10 PM
Dallas

Default Doggie style

I'm buying a couple of dogs in the upcoming weeks - a Rottweiler and a
Staffordshire Terrier (or Foxy). The Rottweiler is to guard my house -
some asswipe recently stole the pump for my pool in broad daylight (can
you believe that?) - and the Staffie's job is to wake the Rottie up if an
intruder comes into the property when he's off duty.

I thought of calling the Rottie Canon and the Staffie Nikon, but I am open
to other suggestions.

Whaddaya think?

And no, I won't flood the group with a zillion photos of my dogs (like
some other posters around here! )

--
Oh dear. Looks like my signature took off...
Reward offered.

Old June 23rd 04, 06:54 PM
Michael Benveniste

"Dallas" wrote in message

I thought of calling the Rottie Canon and the Staffie Nikon, but I am open
to other suggestions.

Whaddaya think?

I'd call the Rottie "CambridgeWorld" and the Staffie "BroadwayPhoto".
IMHO, these are more appropriate names for dogs.

But first, I'd call my insurance agent and a good trainer. AmStaffs
can be wonderful dogs, but they require training, supervision, and
a high level of exercise. Be sure to check your local ordinances as
well -- in Vancouver BC for example, by law AmStaffs are automatically
considered vicious and are required to be muzzled in public.

--
Michael Benveniste --

Old June 23rd 04, 09:02 PM
Gordon Moat

Dallas wrote:

I'm buying a couple of dogs in the upcoming weeks - a Rottweiler and a
Staffordshire Terrier (or Foxy). The Rottweiler is to guard my house -
some asswipe recently stole the pump for my pool in broad daylight (can
you believe that?) - and the Staffie's job is to wake the Rottie up if an
intruder comes into the property when he's off duty.

I thought of calling the Rottie Canon and the Staffie Nikon, but I am open
to other suggestions.

Whaddaya think?

How about AGFA and Ilford?

Niepce and (Fox) Talbot?

Zeiss and Hassy?

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com
http://www.agstudiopro.com Coming Soon!

Old June 23rd 04, 10:38 PM
C.G.

Rodinal and T-Max?

--
Colm

"Gordon Moat" wrote in message ...

: How about AGFA and Ilford?
:
: Niepce and (Fox) Talbot?
:
: Zeiss and Hassy?

Old June 24th 04, 12:07 AM
Richard Cockburn

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in
:

But first, I'd call my insurance agent and a good trainer. AmStaffs
can be wonderful dogs, but they require training, supervision, and
a high level of exercise.

I think he's probably talking about a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, not the
American Staffordshire. They are 2 different breeds. The Amstaff is the
show line of the Pit Bull. They are very affectionate toward people, and
many do not make good watchdogs. The Staffordshire Bull Terriers make great
little watchdogs, though they are a relatively small dog.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old June 24th 04, 03:30 AM
Michael Benveniste

On 23 Jun 2004 23:07:09 GMT, Richard Cockburn
wrote:

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in
:

But first, I'd call my insurance agent and a good trainer. AmStaffs
can be wonderful dogs, but they require training, supervision, and
a high level of exercise.

I think he's probably talking about a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, not the
American Staffordshire. They are 2 different breeds.

Depends who you talk to. Some AmStaffs are dual-registered as
American Pit Bull Terriers by the UKC. The AKC says they are
now seperate. In any case, my comments about training and exercise
apply to both.

--
Michael Benveniste --
Old June 24th 04, 03:41 AM
Richard Cockburn

wrote:

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in
:

But first, I'd call my insurance agent and a good trainer. AmStaffs
can be wonderful dogs, but they require training, supervision, and
a high level of exercise.

I think he's probably talking about a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, not
the American Staffordshire. They are 2 different breeds.

Depends who you talk to. Some AmStaffs are dual-registered as
American Pit Bull Terriers by the UKC. The AKC says they are
now seperate. In any case, my comments about training and exercise
apply to both.

I meant that the American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull
Terrier are two different breeds entirely. They can not be dual registered.

The American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier are
basically the same breed (APBT is the UKC registered fighting line, Amstaff
is the AKC registered show line, and yes they can be dual registered). Yes,
it is confusing. :-)

American Staffordshire Terrier:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanstaffordshire.htm

American Pit Bull Terrier:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm

Staffordshire Bull Terrier:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/stafford...ullterrier.htm

Old June 24th 04, 01:52 PM
Scott

How about Fuji and Kodak? Of course, you'll have to change Kodak's name
every few months slightly.

Scott

Old June 24th 04, 03:38 PM
Dallas

wrote:

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in
:

But first, I'd call my insurance agent and a good trainer. AmStaffs
can be wonderful dogs, but they require training, supervision, and a
high level of exercise.

I think he's probably talking about a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, not the
American Staffordshire. They are 2 different breeds.

Depends who you talk to. Some AmStaffs are dual-registered as American
Pit Bull Terriers by the UKC. The AKC says they are now seperate. In any
case, my comments about training and exercise apply to both.

Here in SA the American breed is referred to as an American Pitbull
Terrier. Definitely not what I want to get. They are vicious creatures.

The Staffordshire Terrier has a broader face than the Pitbull and shorter
legs. I think it may also be a bit thicker in stature. My late mother in
law had one and she was adorable.

Old June 24th 04, 04:18 PM
Al Denelsbeck

"Dallas" wrote in
news
I'm buying a couple of dogs in the upcoming weeks - a Rottweiler and a
Staffordshire Terrier (or Foxy). The Rottweiler is to guard my house -
some asswipe recently stole the pump for my pool in broad daylight
(can you believe that?) - and the Staffie's job is to wake the Rottie
up if an intruder comes into the property when he's off duty.

I thought of calling the Rottie Canon and the Staffie Nikon, but I am
open to other suggestions.

Whaddaya think?

First of all, it's a dirty trick putting that kind of misleading
subject line up there.

But okay, to varying degrees of pain:

Nodal & Foci

Hue & Luminance

Ansel & Henri

Daguerre & Talbot

Bayer & Foveon (okay, I apologize for that one)

Zeiss & Zuiko

Archie & Sam (short for RGB & CMYK, I told you these would be
painful. But these would be more appropriate for Labs anyway...)

Vignette & Halation

Which means we also have to have Barrel & Pincushion

Provia & Astia (many variations available here)

Bokeh & Divergence

Asa & Din, for old time's sake

Rodinal & Technidol

Push & Pull

Bracket & Latitude

Or just call them Crockett & Tubbs like everyone else.

I have to give you credit, though - in several areas I've lived in,
the locals thought the breed name was "Rockwilder". In these same areas, I
think it was an ordinance that you had to own a Chow, and name it "Bear".

Do you have Dachshunds where you live, or only "Weiner Dogs"?

Ah well, I'll stop now.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net