some old sh**, different day

Old June 19th 04, 05:09 PM
Pieter Litchfield

Default some old sh**, different day

Well some things never change. This newsgroup specializes in racial posts,
circular political arguments, namecalling, and slander. I have kill filed a
great many members of the group, but the trolls either change their names or
new ones just come and stay a while. Perhaps this group should be re-titled
"alt. perventsandtrolls" and that way there is no pretense of an interest in
,umm I forgot - oh yes! Photography.....

This is an exceptional group. No other group I monitor stoops to such a
level of name calling and degredation. Today was as bad as it gets. You've
driven me over the edge - I'm going to quit after a couple of years because
this group really has become a desert. Enjoy standing on your soapboxes the
corner of the internet - you can't see that nobody's listening. We just
move on. There's no life here worth saving. Bye.

Old June 19th 04, 05:16 PM
C.G.

There do seem to be a lot of posts about trolls lately. I don't see the posts they're complaining
about because I, like a lot of others, filter the trolls out.
It would be nice if people like you would just do the same instead of filling the group with
complaints about posts we can't see.

--
Colm

Old June 19th 04, 05:47 PM
Steve Young

"Pieter Litchfield" wrote
Well some things never change. This newsgroup specializes in racial posts,
circular political arguments, namecalling, and slander. I have kill filed a
great many members of the group, but the trolls either change their names or
new ones just come and stay a while. Perhaps this group should be re-titled
"alt. perventsandtrolls" and that way there is no pretense of an interest in
,umm I forgot - oh yes! Photography.....

This is an exceptional group. No other group I monitor stoops to such a
level of name calling and degredation. Today was as bad as it gets. You've
driven me over the edge - I'm going to quit after a couple of years because
this group really has become a desert. Enjoy standing on your soapboxes the
corner of the internet - you can't see that nobody's listening. We just
move on. There's no life here worth saving. Bye.

Agree! but it will not get fixed until admin and the power elite want it
fixed

Here are 2 threads where admin discuss what we've been hashing through here
during the past year. I recommend that all with an interest in making Usenet a
better place, read them, even participate with your user experience.

The idea I've been really high on the past months, is Lionel's suggestion of
news servers marking anons in the subject title, so users have a choice and can
filter ALL anon with one click. Gone forever! OH MY what an incredibly easy
solution Lionel! certainly would take the gas out of the vehicle.

Steve Young

For your reading pleasu

Well some things never change. This newsgroup specializes in racial posts,
circular political arguments, namecalling, and slander.

SNIP

But it does provide the international community with fascinating
insights into US society...

Old June 19th 04, 07:56 PM
Steve Young

"colm" wrote
You getting a life and leaving this group alone would be equally
effective imho.

hehe

I had a life, but my email box became stuffed, with fans crying out for more

Old June 19th 04, 09:39 PM
The DaveŠ

Chris Loffredo wrote:
Well some things never change. This newsgroup specializes in
racial posts, circular political arguments, namecalling, and
slander.

SNIP

But it does provide the international community with fascinating
insights into US society...

Try "human nature" and you might be more accurate.

--
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word lisp?
Old June 19th 04, 09:39 PM
The DaveŠ

Pieter Litchfield wrote:
Well some things never change. This newsgroup specializes in racial
posts, circular political arguments, namecalling, and slander. I
have kill filed a great many members of the group, but the trolls
either change their names or new ones just come and stay a while.
Perhaps this group should be re-titled "alt. perventsandtrolls" and
that way there is no pretense of an interest in ,umm I forgot - oh
yes! Photography.....

This is an exceptional group. No other group I monitor stoops to
such a level of name calling and degredation. Today was as bad as it
gets. You've driven me over the edge - I'm going to quit after a
couple of years because this group really has become a desert. Enjoy
standing on your soapboxes the corner of the internet - you can't see
that nobody's listening. We just move on. There's no life here
worth saving. Bye.

You're mistaken. It is not the "group".

--
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word lisp?
Old June 19th 04, 11:07 PM
Justin Thyme

"C.G." wrote in message
There do seem to be a lot of posts about trolls lately. I don't see the

posts they're complaining
about because I, like a lot of others, filter the trolls out.

The annoying posts I see are all the ones with totally OT headings (eg the
current "******" series), and then there are the porno titled ones that have
a virus attached. If you filter them out, would you mind letting me know
what newsgroup reader you use, and what filter rules you apply. The trouble
is, even if it is one person, the posts are coming from different fake email
addresses, so I can't see a way of the computer determining if it is real or
garbage.

Old June 20th 04, 02:34 AM
Steve Kramer

"The DaveŠ" wrote:

Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word lisp?

Must have been the same person who gave me the name Steve AND a lisp
that took three years of high school speech therapy to remove...

Steve Kramer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com

--
"The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,
but in seeing with new eyes." - Marcel Proust