Interesting article on Hasselblad

Old June 3rd 09, 12:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Interesting article on Hasselblad

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:11:36 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...ise-fall.shtml

Interesting article. It would be VERY Interesting indeed to apply this
gent's theories to the changes from say..... Horse & Buggy to
Automobile or perhaps some other technological innovation we have come
to rely on in our lives but which caused financial or economic turmoil
that we now look back on as history.

Would be interesting to compare then to his now!
Old June 4th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
N[_5_]

wrote:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...ise-fall.shtml

Interesting article. It would be VERY Interesting indeed to apply this
gent's theories to the changes from say..... Horse & Buggy to
Automobile or perhaps some other technological innovation we have come
to rely on in our lives but which caused financial or economic turmoil
that we now look back on as history.

Would be interesting to compare then to his now!

An example might be rail freight v truck freight. We all know that rail can
carry a larger load but generally the load still has to be put onto trucks
at one or both ends of the journey and that trucks can go where no rail
lines exist.

Should we have constructed more rail lines instead of more roads? But roads
can carry cars as well as trucks.

Old June 4th 09, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

wrote:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...ise-fall.shtml

Interesting article. It would be VERY Interesting indeed to apply this
gent's theories to the changes from say..... Horse & Buggy to
Automobile or perhaps some other technological innovation we have come
to rely on in our lives but which caused financial or economic turmoil
that we now look back on as history.

Would be interesting to compare then to his now!

An example might be rail freight v truck freight. We all know that rail
can carry a larger load but generally the load still has to be put onto
trucks at one or both ends of the journey and that trucks can go where
no rail lines exist.

Should we have constructed more rail lines instead of more roads? But
roads can carry cars as well as trucks.

Rail traffic in the US/Canada has been growing pretty much steadily over
the past decade (recent year excepted) and the major lines are making
major track and facility investments - part of those investments are in
the rapid loading and unloading of train cargo. It's still not as point
to point convenient as a truck, but it is 3X more fuel efficient for a
given amount of cargo. With last years oil price spike sending large
lots of cargo by train was looking a lot more attractive - even if it
demanded a little more planning.

It is more and more common to see truck trailers on the back of
flatcars. They are literally driven off the train to end customers.

Further, a lot of cargo lands in North America on the west coast with
demand on the east coast. Moving that major cargo by rail is by far
less costly than truck. Direct from the container ship to container
train wagon is very common.

The major cargo carried is coal, of course, and that also will grow over
the next 20 years or more.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.