A little tid-bit from the Pentax Discussion Mailing List

Old March 30th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pudentame

Default A little tid-bit from the Pentax Discussion Mailing List

Names have been changed to protect the innocent:

Water inside the camera will eventually cause rust, and a camera that stops
working.
Same with the lens.

That's why real pros use Canon. Plastic doesn't rust.

;-D
Old March 31st 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

Default A little tid-bit from the Cliche Discussion Mailing List

Pudentame wrote:

Water inside the camera will eventually cause rust,

Wow..how original..as are these:

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
a bitter pill
a blast from the past
a bull in a china shop
a chain is only as strong as its weakest link
a cheap knock off
a chill in my bones
a chip off the old block
a closed mouth gathers no feet
a cult of personality
a diamond in the rough
a dime a dozen
a face only a mother could love
a faint heart never a true love knows
a far cry
a feather in his cap
a few fries short of a happy meal
a few sandwiches short of a picnic
a fool and his money are soon parted
a friend in need, is a friend indeed
a frog in my throat
a good beginning makes a good ending
a good man is hard to find
a good rule of thumb
a hair of the dog that bit you
a half-baked idea
a happy camper.
a horse of a different color
a jack of all trades and a master of none
a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step
a leopard doesn't change its spots
a little of this, a little of that
a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough
a long ways away
a lot of empty flattery
a man for all season's
a man's home is his castle
a mexican standoff
a mile a minute
a mind is a terrible thing to waste
a necessary evil
a new do
a new lease on life
a penny saved is a penny earned
a picture's worth a thousand words
a pink elephant
a real gulley washer
a rolling stone gathers no moss
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet
a rose is a rose is a rose
a shoestring budget
a shot in the dark
a shotgun wedding
a sight for sore eyes
a snail's pace
a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down
a stitch in time saves nine
a stone's throw away
a sweet deal
a taste of his own medicine
a thorn in my side
a watched pot never boils.
a white elephant gift
a winning combination
a word to the wise
ablaze with light
absence makes the heart grow fonder
ace in the hole
ace up his sleeve
actions speak louder than words
After the rain comes a rainbow
Ah, to be young and foolish...
ain't just whistlin' Dixie
ain't that the pot calling the kettle black
airing your dirty laundry
all bets are off
all dressed up and nowhere to go
all eyes/ears
all for one, and one for all
All good things come to those that wait
all in a day's work
All is fair in love and war
all is vanity
all paled in comparison
all roads lead to Rome
all talk and no action
all that glitters is not gold.
all the world's a stage
all thumbs
all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
all's fair in love and war
all's well that ends well
ALMIGHTY DOLLAR
already got one paw on the chicken coop
alrighty, then!
altitude is determined by attitude
always a bridesmaid, never a bride
always a day late and a dollar short
always look on the bright side
am I my brother's keeper?
AMBULANCE CHASER
an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
an earful
an eye for an eye. a tooth for a tooth
an oldie, but a goodie
an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
and we're not just whistling dixie
and you can take that to the bank
another face in the crowd
ants in his pants
Any friend of _________'s is a friend of mine.
apple of my eye
APPLE-PIE ORDER
ARM AND A LEG
ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACK
armed to the teeth
armed with a search warrant
ARMY BRAT
ART IMITATES LIFE
ARTSY-CRAFTSY
as [fill in the blank] as the day is long
as beautiful as the day is long
as far as the eye can see
as fast as lightning
as honest as the day is long
As if!
AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT
as many chins as a Chinese phone book
as plain as the nose on your face
as slow as molasses
as the crow flies
as welcome as a skunk at a lawn party
ask & you shall receive
ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies
ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your
country
at a loss for words
at breakneck speed
At least I do not have to count with someone else
At least it was a very interesting experience
AT LOGGERHEADS
at the crack of dawn
at the drop of a hat/dime
at the end of the pecking order
at the stroke of midnight
ate like a pig
avoid it like the plague
aw, prairie ****
Aww, **** me!
back in a sec
back in the saddle
back to the drawing board/square one
back to the salt mines
BADGE OF HONOR
bags all packed and ready to go
BALLPARK FIGURE
banding together to beat the odds
banging your head against a brick wall
barge right in
barking up the wrong tree
BAT OUT OF HELL
bat the idea around
batten down the hatches, lower the boom, raise the misenmast: full speed
ahead!!
BATTLE ROYAL
battle with cancer
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home
be there or be square
BEAT AROUND THE BUSH
beating a dead horse
beauty is a fading flower
Beauty is a matter of taste
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Beauty is only a lightswitch away
beauty is only skin deep
bee in her bonnet
been around the block a few times
been there, done that
been there, seen it, done that
beggars can't be choosers
behind closed doors
Behind the clouds, the sun is shining
BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL
being led down the garden path
BEST FOOT FORWARD
Better afraid than blind to my fears
Better feeling pain than feeling nothing at all
BETTER HALF
better late than never
BETTER MOUSETRAP
better safe than sorry
better than ever
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all
better to remain silent and be thought a fool that to speak and remove
all doubt
betting the farm
between the devil and the deep blue sea
Old March 31st 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Polson

m II wrote:

Pudentame wrote:

Water inside the camera will eventually cause rust,

Wow..how original..as are these:

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
a bitter pill
a blast from the past
a bull in a china shop

Any chance of you posting the whole list?

Old March 31st 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Weinstein[_7_]

Old March 31st 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Fred McKenzie

In article E%kPh.29161$__3.14136@edtnps90, m II wrote:

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

a bird in the hand is very unsanitary.
Old April 1st 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

Tony Polson wrote:

Any chance of you posting the whole list?

Sorry for my exuberance. I somehow felt that if a thing was worth doing,
it was worth doing to excess. I don't know what came over me. The devil
made me do it.

mike
Old April 1st 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Apr 1, 11:23 am, m II wrote:
Tony Polson wrote:
Any chance of you posting the whole list?

Sorry for my exuberance. I somehow felt that if a thing was worth doing,
it was worth doing to excess. I don't know what came over me. The devil
made me do it.

mike

That explains your masturbation tendencies.

Old April 1st 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Polson

m II wrote:

Tony Polson wrote:

Any chance of you posting the whole list?

Sorry for my exuberance. I somehow felt that if a thing was worth doing,
it was worth doing to excess. I don't know what came over me. The devil
made me do it.

Please don't apologise, Mike.

I really *would* like to see the whole list.

Old April 2nd 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

Tony Polson wrote:

I really *would* like to see the whole list.

...and I thought you were angry at my waste of bandwidth..g

I believe I found those he

http://www.findcliches.com/wordphrases.htm

Another site:

http://www.e-messenger-consulting.com/clicheaday.htm

For the writer in us all:

http://amethyst-angel.com/cliche.html

This is good, but hard to read. They should use a different layout:

http://www.angelfire.com/nd/danscorpio/word3.html

A quick search 'movie cliches' will be rewarded by a lot of results.

mike (it was a dark and stormy night) II