Meggaflash Flashbulbs

Old February 15th 04, 10:12 PM
Neil Purling

Default Meggaflash Flashbulbs

Are there any UK or Eoropean sources for small quantities of these
flashbulbs?
I mean 2 bulbs of each size initially for assesment purposes.

Old February 15th 04, 10:41 PM
jjs

In article , "Neil Purling"
wrote:

Are there any UK or Eoropean sources for small quantities of these
flashbulbs?

They are made in Ireland, so I'd think you could deal directly with them.
No? They have a query mail form on their homepage.
http://www.meggaflash.com
Old February 16th 04, 07:38 PM
Neil Purling

They wont sell you any smaller quantity than a whole case. I want to find
how the PF200s suit me by buying 3 or 4 bulbs to shoot some tests.

Old February 16th 04, 08:55 PM
jjs

"Neil Purling" wrote in message
They wont sell you any smaller quantity than a whole case. I want to find
how the PF200s suit me by buying 3 or 4 bulbs to shoot some tests.

A case? Wow! That's what, like $150US! Spendy.

FWIW, I use flashbulbs several times a year and am down to two cases. I just
hate to think of paying for Megas, but they really do put out and are
certainly more reliable than 50 year-old bulbs. The client will pay! and
pay, and pay...

Old February 21st 04, 01:52 AM
jjs

In article .net,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

If coddled in a box with lots of crushed pages from
'Your Daily Sun' they should arrive in fine shape.

Shipping flash bulbs is not a new endevour.

But testing packages with high-voltage detectors are new. No? Imagine a
case of flashbulbs going off in the package. Dunno, but it's a cool
thought.
Old February 21st 04, 09:42 AM
Neil Purling

I think that with the Royal Mail domestic parcel post the vendors were
afraid the bulbs would get damaged in transit.
I gained the impression that they just didnt want the 'hassle' of packaging
them suitably.
If I wanted a box of PF200 bulbs (1 doz) then it would cost be as much to go
and collect them as for the bulbs themselves.
Irritating as I only wanted three bulbs to use and see if they were suitable
and then buy more depending on a favourable conclusion.

Old February 21st 04, 03:49 PM
jjs

In article , "Neil Purling"
wrote:

I think that with the Royal Mail domestic parcel post the vendors were
afraid the bulbs would get damaged in transit.
I gained the impression that they just didnt want the 'hassle' of packaging
them suitably.

How unacceptable. Are these blokes Irish by chance?
Old February 21st 04, 09:22 PM
Francis Roy

I remember selling flashbulbs in the old days. If they were packaged by
tens or a dozen that is the way you bought them. We never split a
package, even for a direct over the counter sale.

If you ordered a box or package of 12 PF200 bulbs, would they ship them?

I have heard of Radar setting off bulbs [rumor ?] but I can't say about
any HV detectors.

Francis in VT
U.S.A.

Old February 24th 04, 12:11 PM
Neil Purling

Its a valid question that if I ever ordered a case of the bulbs from
meggaflash and it went through one of the really powerful scanners.
Would there then be enough energy induced in the bulb filaments to fire
them?

I then get the Anti Terrorist Squad kicking me out of bed at 2am?

Seriously its a bit annoying that there is an excellent product available
and no source of them apart from film lighting businesses in London or the
factory in Ireland.

The Meggaflash PF300 would make my Metz flashgun look rather puny.

Old February 25th 04, 12:50 AM
Francis Roy

Why don't you write to Meggaflash and ask them about shipping and the
security devices.

Francis in VT