Sironar-N is Sharp @ f-16 w/ No Chromatic Abberation

Old March 3rd 04, 04:40 AM
Dr. Slick

Default Sironar-N is Sharp @ f-16 w/ No Chromatic Abberation

Hi,

This lens and shutter are both great. I think this may be sharper
than the one i rented at KS.

The collective wisdom of this NG was correct for the most part, as
the f16 was slightly sharper than the f22 or f32. My previous
statement that f32 was the sharpest turns out to be somewhat hasty, as
this was based on the brochure with the fine print, which may not have
been totally flat with the focal plane in the first pic.

I might even try one at f11, just to see, but i think f16 will
probably be the sweet spot, as i need at least some DOF.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, the pics are quite sharp,
with no chromatic abberation (blue line where white meets black
background) on the edges like with the Schneider Xenar.

I'll be picking out a scanner soon...maybe the Epson 4870, and the
Epson 4000 when it shows up.

I'll have up to 17" prints of my art, if anyone is interested:

http://www.drslick.org/

Slick