[SI] Shootin

Old May 20th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default [SI] Shootin

How come the Shoot-in is limited to this group? Wouldn't it have broader
appeal and/or audience if notices and discussions were xposted to r.p.d.?

yeah, I am aware I haven't been a participant - at least a poster to it-
as of this writing. ....
--
John McWilliams
Old May 20th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

John McWilliams wrote:
How come the Shoot-in is limited to this group? Wouldn't it have
broader appeal and/or audience if notices and discussions were
xposted to r.p.d.?

yeah, I am aware I haven't been a participant - at least a poster to
it- as of this writing. ....
--
John McWilliams

Shootin is technically "off topic" for this group but tolerated by most. It
probably wouldn't be tolerated in other groups anywhere near as well as
here. It's history is chequered, to be kind. At least one troll masquerading
as a human attacked everyone who submitted to it including Lisa Horton who
started it. She got a pretty hard beating and threw the towel in.

Right now it seems one troll has been exposed and stopped his crusade. I
wouldn't expect a calm ride if it were exported to another group and
besides, the God of tweety bird who currently has possession of the thing
can't get it right with half a dozen contributors. How in hell would he cope
if it got an extra contributor or three?

In any case. tweety God self confessed he has a long memory so anyone who
disagreed with him in the last 20 years is black banned from the thing. Sort
of like "never let a mug get on top, they'll kill everyone under them and
end up back on the bottom anyway" thing.

I can see it now... Get the bloody shootin off this group. You're a dickhead
Al.
BOOM! "Another one bites the dust, you just don't know who to trust" How do
make that write as a lyric? Anyway... You get the idea by now.

Douglas

Old May 20th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

John McWilliams wrote:

How come the Shoot-in is limited to this group? Wouldn't it have broader
appeal and/or audience if notices and discussions were xposted to r.p.d.?

yeah, I am aware I haven't been a participant - at least a poster to it-
as of this writing. ....

Notice has been posted in some other groups but some of the groups like
rec.photo.digital are such high volume, I guess it could get out of
hand. I wouldn't mind messages cross posted elsewhere as an experiment.
Old May 20th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

John McWilliams wrote:

How come the Shoot-in is limited to this group? Wouldn't it have broader
appeal and/or audience if notices and discussions were xposted to r.p.d.?

yeah, I am aware I haven't been a participant - at least a poster to it-
as of this writing. ....

Occasionally I've made announcements in many of the other groups to try
to boost participation. That probably brought in a few new shooters.

Most "long term" participants in other groups are aware of it.

It's mainly "homed" here because this is where it started and is where
the discussions take place. It would not be very neighborly to over
x-post it to other groups.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.