FZ30 battery

Old February 4th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default FZ30 battery

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 03:22:31 -0800, "Robert Cunningham"
wrote:

I need to get a spare battery for my Panasonic FZ30. On the Panasonice
website they have one for sale for approx. $70.00 U.S. But other website are
selling replacement batteries for the FZ30 for as low as $19.99. That price
really seems suspicious to me. What do you think?

Also, is it safe to buy and use batteries for this camera that are not
O.E.M?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Yes, and Yes. In fact the knock-offs can be a lot better than
the OEMs.
Old February 4th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

wrote:

I need to get a spare battery for my Panasonic FZ30. On the Panasonice
website they have one for sale for approx. $70.00 U.S. But other website are
selling replacement batteries for the FZ30 for as low as $19.99. That price
really seems suspicious to me. What do you think?

Also, is it safe to buy and use batteries for this camera that are not
O.E.M?

Thanks for any and all replies.

I have used after market batteries in my Canon camera
that were equal to or better than the OEM. They cost
about $8 from Sterling Tek. They do not have Panosonic
batteries. I have a FZ5. Where did you see the $20
battery? what are shipping costs. Sometimes shipping
exceeds the purcase price.
Old February 4th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

irwell wrote:
Also, is it safe to buy and use batteries for this camera that are not
O.E.M?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Yes, and Yes. In fact the knock-offs can be a lot better than
the OEMs.

I bought three aftermarket batteries for my FZ-10 for £9.99 each - which
was considerably less than *one* Panasonic battery, and I can't say I've
noticed any difference in performance either way.

pete
--
"there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas" - HMHB.
Old February 5th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

i bought a aftermarket battery for my fz30 here in oz

genuine price $99 aus, aftermarket $30

alas it only charged once, then never charged again, i'm going to send it
back and the shop says they'll send another out

might be a one off

--

http://photobucket.com/albums/b216/corks67/my-bikes/

Old February 7th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

In article
,
"corks" wrote:

i bought a aftermarket battery for my fz30 here in oz

genuine price $99 aus, aftermarket $30

alas it only charged once, then never charged again, i'm going to send it
back and the shop says they'll send another out

might be a one off

I got some from Hong Kong. They had problems charging because the
contacts weren't connecting with the charger properly. They were
replaced without question*, although I now keep a rubberband with my
charger to hold all batteries firmly in place.

*NOTE: when sending LiIon batteries overseas, do not repeat DO NOT!!!!
describe them on the Customs declaration as 'batteries' or NZ Post and
presumably any other Post office will **** themselves on the spot and
refuse to handle them. Apparently if the plane crashes and the battery
is ripped open, it may catch on fire. Along with the batteries from all
the passenger's cameras & cellphones, the many bottles of duty-free
plonk and approximately 2000 tonnes of aviation fuel.

They are "camera components" OK?

--
Nigel
(I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left)
Old February 8th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

wrote:

I need to get a spare battery for my Panasonic FZ30. On the Panasonice
website they have one for sale for approx. $70.00 U.S. But other website

are
selling replacement batteries for the FZ30 for as low as $19.99. That

price
really seems suspicious to me. What do you think?

Also, is it safe to buy and use batteries for this camera that are not
O.E.M?

Thanks for any and all replies.

I have used after market batteries in my Canon camera
that were equal to or better than the OEM. They cost
about $8 from Sterling Tek. They do not have Panosonic
batteries. I have a FZ5. Where did you see the $20
battery? what are shipping costs. Sometimes shipping
exceeds the purcase price.

I don't exactly remember where I saw the $20.00 battery, but one of the
replies mentioned "Battery Barn.com" and I think I that was one of the
websites I had visited, though I don't remember what the shipping costs
were.

Old February 17th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

wrote:

[...]

I purchased two additional batteries for my FZ10 for $20 each and
shipping was minimal. It may well have been from the the Battery Barn..

It's real handy to have two additional batteries when engaged in heavy shooting.

JT
Old February 19th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

"Robert Cunningham" wrote in message
I need to get a spare battery for my Panasonic FZ30. On the Panasonice
website they have one for sale for approx. $70.00 U.S. But other website
are
selling replacement batteries for the FZ30 for as low as $19.99. That
price
really seems suspicious to me. What do you think?

Also, is it safe to buy and use batteries for this camera that are not
O.E.M?

Thanks for any and all replies.

I have an FZ20 and I bought a spare battery off ebay. Works great! I don't
remember who I bought it off, but if you put in search "battery fz-" with
the "-" being your number camera, then you will get a lot of listings. Just
look at the sellers' feedbacks - they are usually good.

Steve