Nikon d710?

Old August 18th 14, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

Default Nikon d710?

On 8/18/2014 12:02 PM, android wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

On 8/18/2014 9:50 AM, PAS wrote:
"PeterN" wrote in message
On 8/18/2014 8:41 AM, android wrote:
In article , PeterN

On 2014-08-15 14:46, PeterN wrote:

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

the nikon d610 is $1900 at b&h

the d300s was about $1700.

what if nikon comes out with a full frame camera for $1500? or
less?

Than it would have less features...

obviously.

that didn't stop nikon from making a d3300 and d5300, which have
fewer
features than a d610 or d7100.

Those are HF (half frame) cameras...

the d3300 has fewer features than a d5300 which has fewer features
than
a d7100, all of which are crop sensor cameras.

one of the features that they all don't have over the d610 is a
full
frame sensor.

Nope! They are half frame...

Actually the D610 is FF.
---
Off course. I thought you were referring to the Dxx00's. Those are
half
frame, Canon x0D and xx0D and M are half frame too. Olympus and
Panasonic are quarter frame... I'm not sure of what the Nikon One is
but
Mini. ;-p

I tested one. IMHO it is a POS.

It most certainly must be most limited compered to what you usually
use.
OTOH, surely it can be useful if you are aware of it's limitations. I
still like my Ixuses... ;-)

One of my frinds go the Leica Dlux and really likes it.

That's a PanaLeica right? The Panasonic variant is usually a few cent's
cheaper... If someones interested.

I doubt it

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...4_d_lux_6_edit
ion_100.html

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Compact-Cameras/Leica-D-Lux-6

That's the same camera as the Panasonic DHC-LX7

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._lx7k_Lumix_LX
7_Digital_Camera.html

Nope. There are a lot of similarities, but they are two different cameras.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Leica-D-Lux-6-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-LX7

Different firmware???

Read the comparison. There are some subtle differences, and debating
whether they are the same camera is pointless. My friend go the Leica,
not the panasonic.
If you guys want to debate his motives, go ahead, I see no point is
further participation.

--
PeterN
Old August 18th 14, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/18/2014 12:05 PM, PAS wrote:

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1036245-REG/leica_18134_d_lux_6_edition_100.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

Nope. There are a lot of similarities, but they are two different cameras.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Leica-D-Lux-6-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-LX7

Same camera, different price

http://snapsort.com/compare/Leica-D-...-DMC-LX7/specs

Not my problem.

--
PeterN
Old August 18th 14, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/18/2014 12:15 PM, PAS wrote:
"android" wrote in message
In article , PeterN

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

[...]

Other than the price and a different body, it's the same camera.

look at the advanced specs. There seems to be some differences.

--
PeterN
Old August 18th 14, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

[...]

Read the specs and state which spec is different in each. You are paying
a hefty price for a little red nameplate.

They are only superficially different cameras due to physical
appearance. Under the skin they are identical. The biggest difference is
the $398 list price difference for essentially the same performance.
http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=leica_dlux6&products=panasonic_dmclx 7

or
http://tinyurl.com/n5bfjwy

As I said to PAS, read the advanced specs. There is a difference in
frame rate, and some other subtle differences.

--
PeterN
Old August 19th 14, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

[...]

You brought up this camera which is nothing more than prestige
camouflage on a pretty good compact made by Leica's Japanese business
partner.

The subjective comparison on the first page of the Snapsort site you
gave are meaningless.
Three of the four items listed are identical just shuffled about a bit.
Then for the Panasonic it lists; "external flash better lighting"
because both have a hot shoe. Both have the same feature.
For the Leica is listed; "Almost no delay when powering up 750ms
startup delay".

Whoopeee!

Now read the specifications ant tell us which of those uncannily
similar specifications convinced your pal that he would look better
shooting with the Leica labelled Lumix than the Panasonic version.
http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=leica_dlux6&products=panasonic_dmclx 7
or
http://tinyurl.com/n5bfjwy

They

are the same camera with a big price difference for a prestige label.

That is like buying a Ford Focus and slapping a $8 Mercedes star on it
and bumping the price $20K.

Savageduck

Old August 19th 14, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-18 22:45:45 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/18/2014 12:05 PM, PAS wrote:

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

[...]

You brought this particular Leica into this war zone, and initiated
another sub-thread skirmish. So it is your problem. What specifically
was it you pal liked about this Leica that he felt compelled to spend a
stupid amount of extra $$$.

Savageduck

Old August 19th 14, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-18 22:46:43 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/18/2014 12:15 PM, PAS wrote:
"android" wrote in message
In article , PeterN

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

[...]

In the Snapsort site there are gapping holes in the full specs for the
Leica, and where they note a minor difference it is just that, a minot
difference which makes little to no difference in the function and
operation of either camera. They are the same camera with one dressed
by Armani and the other wearing Dockers.

The dpreview site makes a better and fuller spec comparison;
http://tinyurl.com/n5bfjwy

Savageduck

Old August 19th 14, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

[...]

I did.

There is a difference in frame rate, and some other subtle differences.

Somehow I don't particularly trust the Snapsort spec list (which is
incomplete) which reports 2fps for the Leica and 11fps for the Lumix.
They don't even say if that is for RAW of JPEG.

Dpreview shows the Leica at 11fps the same as the Lumix.
http://www.dpreview.com/products/leica/compacts/leica_dlux6/specifications

Spec for spec they are the same camera down to weight & dimensions.
They even have the same auto shooting modes.

Savageduck

Old August 19th 14, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article , says...

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

[...]

Doubt what, that the Panasonic is cheaper? B&H lists the Panasonic DMC-
LX7 for $347.99 vs 699.00 for the D-LUX 6, which puts it a good deal
more than "a few cents cheaper". Or do you doubt that it's a Panasonic?
If so, explain why the specifications are identical and most of the
accessories including the external EVF are interchangeable between them.

Old August 19th 14, 03:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/18/2014 8:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

You brought this particular Leica into this war zone, and initiated
another sub-thread skirmish. So it is your problem. What specifically
was it you pal liked about this Leica that he felt compelled to spend a
stupid amount of extra $$$.

That is his issue. When my wife wants a new refridgerater even though
our current one is fine, I really don't care. It makes her happy. No
reason to question a friend on how he spends his money. He will not
starve. I don't know whether I would make that choice.

BTW I think the Panasonic is a fine camera.

--
PeterN