Where I keep my spare cats.

Old May 19th 17, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

On Fri, 19 May 2017 03:08:54 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

someone calling themselves
emailed mt this morining with a zip attachment called 5566046.zip
do you think I should open that zip if so why ?

You have to open it to know what's in it...
Old May 19th 17, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 2017-05-19 12:34:32 +0000, "David B." said:

On 5/18/2017 5:51 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 5/18/2017 11:58 AM, David B. wrote:
On 5/17/2017 3:04 PM, PAS wrote:
On 5/17/2017 2:32 AM, David B. wrote:
On 5/17/2017 12:19 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 5/16/2017 3:23 AM, David B. wrote:
Looking through my Dropbox folder, I decided to share this with
you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyccg6cbsa...ats.j pg?dl=0

Have

a fun day, guys! :-)

Here is our grand dog, in a preliminary round at Westminster. She
made the finals, and screwed up completely.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi83igj6a45hasn/Westminster%20Agility%20Trial%20beg.jpg?dl=0

Haha!

Dogs CAN let one down for sure!

Best to let sleeping dogs lie? .... here's MY granddog:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b55p0t1fio...mmock.jpg?dl=0

Yes, let them lie. Here's one of mine:
http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Bella/i-qDB5NWM/A

Nice dog! One of these? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shar_Pei

We don't see many of those here in the UK, but the ones which I HAVE
met
seemed to have a disposition much like a Labrador.

You can have sweet dogs and nasty ones of any breed. A lot depends on
their training and socialization.

That is true - but I have NEVER encountered a 'nasty' Labrador!

That is a canine truth that is evidenced by this shot of some strange
young guy and his Labs 35+ years ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywsewwwkdln5dmj/LCO%2BLabs.jpg

*Great photograph*! :-)

MY Labrador, named Leo (actually a 1/4 cross with a Golden Retriever) we
homed when he was just 12 months old. He'd 'been to court' with his
mother - they'd both been caught chasing sheep together on Exmoor. The
judge decreed that the dogs were either to be destroyed ....... or split
up. The owner simply HAD to part with the 'pup'; my wife and I were the
fortunate beneficiaries!

Leo lived to be nearly seventeen. He was fit and well, almost to the
end. As he became more frail, though, I did arrange with our vet that
he'd come to our house and put Leo to sleep as and when we felt it was
appropriate.

As it turned out, Leo was put to sleep the very morning after my son
collapsed and died - Leo was too weak and poorly to be left with someone
else whilst we went up-country to deal with Nick's funeral arrangements.

As a parent and dog lover, you will understand the 'double whammy'. :-(

--
David B.

Old May 19th 17, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 5/19/2017 4:41 PM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 19 May 2017 13:34:36 UTC+1, David B. wrote:

That is true - but I have NEVER encountered a 'nasty' Labrador!

well there's always a first time, but I tend to think it's usually how a human has treated them in the past but you can never be sure.
Some nasty pictures here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Harbour.html

It's the exception which proves the rule, eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Except...roves_the_rule

--
David B.
Old May 19th 17, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 2017-05-19 12:34:32 +0000, "David B."

On 5/17/2017 3:04 PM, PAS wrote:
[...]

My wife and I have been, thankfully, spared the loss of a child. But we
have lost some dogs over the years. My wife was not always the dog
lover I am. We got our first dog when our youngest of two sons was an
infant so she had her priorities and it wasn't a new dog, that was
mine. Fast forward about 26 years and we got a dog after going about
five years without one. My wife named her Maya and she was an awesome
dog. She was a bear-coat Shar Pei which you don't see often

As a puppy: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-WNFH8Rd/A

Full-grown: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-fp8xSGf/A

Maya died two years ago at the age of 5 1/2. To say my wife was
devastated is an understatement. She was attached to that dog in a way
I had never seen. There are days where I still find her crying over Maya.

Old May 19th 17, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 5/19/2017 6:13 PM, PAS wrote:
[....]
My wife and I have been, thankfully, spared the loss of a child. But we
have lost some dogs over the years. My wife was not always the dog
lover I am. We got our first dog when our youngest of two sons was an
infant so she had her priorities and it wasn't a new dog, that was
mine. Fast forward about 26 years and we got a dog after going about
five years without one. My wife named her Maya and she was an awesome
dog. She was a bear-coat Shar Pei which you don't see often

As a puppy: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-WNFH8Rd/A

Full-grown: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-fp8xSGf/A

Wow! :-) I've never seen such a dog! Thanks for sharing the photographs.

Maya died two years ago at the age of 5 1/2. To say my wife was
devastated is an understatement. She was attached to that dog in a way
I had never seen. There are days where I still find her crying over Maya.

I'm saddened to learn of your loss. I, too, have cried over the loss of
my pets over the years. They do, as you know, become a part of you.

--
David B.

Old May 19th 17, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-19 17:29:08 +0000, "David B." said:

On 5/19/2017 6:13 PM, PAS wrote:
[....]
My wife and I have been, thankfully, spared the loss of a child. But we
have lost some dogs over the years. My wife was not always the dog
lover I am. We got our first dog when our youngest of two sons was an
infant so she had her priorities and it wasn't a new dog, that was
mine. Fast forward about 26 years and we got a dog after going about
five years without one. My wife named her Maya and she was an awesome
dog. She was a bear-coat Shar Pei which you don't see often

As a puppy: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-WNFH8Rd/A

Full-grown: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-fp8xSGf/A

Wow! :-) I've never seen such a dog! Thanks for sharing the photographs.

Yup! My "Step-daughter from Hell" had a Shar Pei, and I had a better
relationship with the dog than with her.

This is another scan, shot with a K1000, some 25 years ago. You might
say that my hair is somewhat fairer, and beard more obvious these days.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dcu4i7ru2sxe8u/LCO%2BHc.jpg

Maya died two years ago at the age of 5 1/2. To say my wife was
devastated is an understatement. She was attached to that dog in a way
I had never seen. There are days where I still find her crying over
Maya.

I'm saddened to learn of your loss. I, too, have cried over the loss of
my pets over the years. They do, as you know, become a part of you.

Savageduck

Old May 19th 17, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 5/19/2017 1:29 PM, David B. wrote:
On 5/19/2017 6:13 PM, PAS wrote:
[....]
[...]

They certainly do become part of us. We have two now, Bella and Bubba.
Bubba is from the same litter as Maya was. Bella is six months younger
from the same father but different mother. We haven't had Bubba since
he was a pup, we only had Maya at the time. Bella came six months
later. A family on Long Island not far from us bought Bubba. Three
years ago they decided they had to give him up. The couple who bought
him had a baby at the time and three years later had another one. Her
mother was going to care for the two children while the mother went back
to work but she was allergic to dogs so they gave him up. When you buy
a dog from the breeder we got them from, you agree that if you decide to
give up the dog for any reason then you must give the breeder first
opportunity to take the dog. The breeder is in North Carolina, quite a
distance from Long Island. The couple was being difficult and they were
adamant that they would give the breeder one week to come and get the
dog or else they would send him to a shelter. She was upset about this
because she couldn't get to Long Island within a week - she has a family
and a job and what-not to attend to. She asked us if we would take
Bubba until a suitable place was found for him. We agreed immediately
and after having him for a day, we decided we would keep him. He's a
timid dog but a good boy. I wonder what causes him to be so timid
because he avoids being pet most of the time, as if he is afraid. I
wonder how he was treated by his other family.

Old May 19th 17, 07:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 2017-05-19 17:29:08 +0000, "David B." said:

On 5/19/2017 6:13 PM, PAS wrote:
[....]
[...]

That's a decent looking dog in that photo, the Shar Pei is nice too

Thanks for the peek into your life, nice to put a face to a post and to
get a look at that dog.

Old May 19th 17, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 5/19/2017 1:29 PM, David B. wrote:
On 5/19/2017 6:13 PM, PAS wrote:
[....]
My wife and I have been, thankfully, spared the loss of a child. But
we have lost some dogs over the years. My wife was not always the
dog lover I am. We got our first dog when our youngest of two sons
was an infant so she had her priorities and it wasn't a new dog, that
was mine. Fast forward about 26 years and we got a dog after going
about five years without one. My wife named her Maya and she was an
awesome dog. She was a bear-coat Shar Pei which you don't see often

As a puppy: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-WNFH8Rd/A

Full-grown: http://www.pete-the-greek.com/Pets/Maya/i-fp8xSGf/A

Wow! :-) I've never seen such a dog! Thanks for sharing the photographs.

In the late 1970s, the Shar Pei was one of the rarest breeds. You had
to have a lot of money to afford one! After Mao took power in China, he
declared that ownership of dogs was not allowed and the breed dwindle to
the point it was almost extinct. A businessman names Matgo Law smuggled
about 200 Shar Peis from China to Hong Kong and then he appealed to
American breeders to help him in breeding them to avoid extinction. The
Shar Peis in the USA come mostly from those 200. Look-up "bone mouth
Shar Pei" to get a look at what they originally looked like versus the
"meat mouth Shar Pei" that is popular in the West.

Old May 19th 17, 08:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 5/19/2017 7:28 PM, PAS wrote:
On 5/19/2017 1:29 PM, David B. wrote:
On 5/19/2017 6:13 PM, PAS wrote:
[....]
[...]

Thank you! :-) I learn a lot here on Usenet!

I've just watched he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzQcdFNpxug

--
David B.