help my old parish priest......anybody

Old July 29th 08, 11:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
eugene

Default help my old parish priest......anybody

Hi folks. My elderly parish priest (again) gave me his camera to have a look
at it this morning. A NikonCoolpix 5700. He told me that it wasn't focusing
but the problem is much more serious I think. I got it sorted out focus wise
but the pictures all have numerous lines across them. Here's a couple of
examples. Has anybody any suggestions or does he need to invest in a new
camera.

http://i34.tinypic.com/24bn2v5.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2h5malw.jpg

Personally, I think he has dropped the camera but is hoping that I can fix
it somehow.

Old July 29th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jufi[_3_]

"eugene" wrote in message
Hi folks. My elderly parish priest (again) gave me his camera to have a
look
at it this morning. A NikonCoolpix 5700. He told me that it wasn't
focusing
but the problem is much more serious I think. I got it sorted out focus
wise
but the pictures all have numerous lines across them. Here's a couple of
examples. Has anybody any suggestions or does he need to invest in a new
camera.

http://i34.tinypic.com/24bn2v5.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2h5malw.jpg

Personally, I think he has dropped the camera but is hoping that I can fix
it somehow.

If that cam is damaged, and it sure looks like it, my opinion is to scrap it
and move on. The newer units are better and less expensive.

Old July 29th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
eugene

wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:57:12 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "eugene"
wrote:

Hi folks. My elderly parish priest (again) gave me his camera to have a
look
at it this morning. A NikonCoolpix 5700. He told me that it wasn't
focusing
but the problem is much more serious I think. I got it sorted out focus
wise
but the pictures all have numerous lines across them. Here's a couple of
examples. Has anybody any suggestions or does he need to invest in a new
camera.

http://i34.tinypic.com/24bn2v5.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2h5malw.jpg

Personally, I think he has dropped the camera but is hoping that I can fix
it somehow.

Known issue with the sensor. Nikon will fix it for free.
http://nikonusa.com/Service-And-Supp...es/index.page#

Thank you very much for that info but my next problem is that I live in
Ireland and the service form I downloaded is for USA use only. Does anybody
have the details of where I might get the UK equivalent service form please?

thanks

Old July 29th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
saycheez

Have you tried a different memory card? What your are seeing may be a
write/read error.

Old July 29th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
eugene

"saycheez" wrote in message
Have you tried a different memory card? What your are seeing may be a
write/read error.

Tried that. Seems it is a known fault with some of these cams and Nikon will
repair them free of charge. thanks for any contributions.

Old July 30th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Default |GG| help my old parish priest......anybody

ransley wrote:
On Jul 29, 5:57 am, "eugene" wrote:
Hi folks. My elderly parish priest (again) gave me his camera to have a look
at it this morning. A NikonCoolpix 5700. He told me that it wasn't focusing
but the problem is much more serious I think. I got it sorted out focus wise
but the pictures all have numerous lines across them. Here's a couple of
examples. Has anybody any suggestions or does he need to invest in a new
camera.

http://i34.tinypic.com/24bn2v5.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2h5malw.jpg

Personally, I think he has dropped the camera but is hoping that I can fix
it somehow.

Look at when it was made, maybe in 04 sonys sensors were defective and
recalled, sony used to make the sensors for alot of companies, even
Canon. Google sony defective ccd, its late but you never know.

Although the examples of that I've seen look quite different.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old July 30th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
eugene

wrote in message
On Jul 29, 6:57 am, "eugene" wrote:
Hi folks. My elderly parish priest (again) gave me his camera to have a
look
at it this morning. A NikonCoolpix 5700. He told me that it wasn't
focusing
but the problem is much more serious I think. I got it sorted out focus
wise
but the pictures all have numerous lines across them. Here's a couple of
examples. Has anybody any suggestions or does he need to invest in a new
camera.

http://i34.tinypic.com/24bn2v5.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2h5malw.jpg

Personally, I think he has dropped the camera but is hoping that I can fix
it somehow.

It is nice of you to provide the help. With the shortage of
priest these days, they deserve all the help they can get.

This pic was taken by my Parish priest in the early 70's and these priests
and bishops are almost all from our Diocese in Derry. It would be difficult
to get a group photo like this nowadays sadly

http://i36.tinypic.com/v33w2q.jpg

Old July 30th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

eugene wrote:

This pic was taken by my Parish priest in the early 70's and these priests
and bishops are almost all from our Diocese in Derry. It would be
difficult to get a group photo like this nowadays sadly

Is this a local thing, or is there a worldwide priest shortage?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old July 30th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

eugene wrote:

wrote in message
On Jul 29, 6:57 am, "eugene" wrote:
[...]

Cute. Lots of lines there too. Looks like it was printed by an old
dot-matrix printer.