Whats the lowest cost beginner camera with LCD preview screen?

Old December 9th 05, 07:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Whats the lowest cost beginner camera with LCD preview screen?

Richard wrote:

This is for a child showing a strong interest in photography. However,cost is
a factor since the camera will probably get abused - he's quite young and may
not have the discipline to properly care for it the right way.

I'd like to spark his interest and I believe the preview screen will bea strong
factor as it provides instant gratification.

You mean the lcd screen? Even the Vivitar 3713 Vivicam 3MP Digital
Camera at £39.99 from Argos (I am rudely assuming you're in the UK)
has a screen of 1.5inch. Very basic cam indeed and there's a Vivitar
V3780S 3MP Digital Camera, slightly better looking, for the same
price. Cheapest with optical zoom is at half price, but currently out
of stock on the website

HP M407 Digital Camera.
Was £129.99 5602764

£64.99

4.1m pixels.

3 x Optical zoom.

6 x Digital zoom.

1.8in colour LCD screen.

16Mb internal memory. SD, MMC card compatible.

Video ouput.

Movie capture and sound.

USB 2 connection, cable included.

PictBridge compatible.

Includes 2 x AA alkaline batteries and HP instant share software.

Software compatibility :MS 98/98SE/Me/2000/XP, Mac OS x 10.1.5, 10.2
or higher.

Size (H)36.6, (W)109.3, (D)52.8mm.

Weight 172 grams.

--
Paul (Some of them, they surprise)
Stop and Look
Old December 9th 05, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Paul Heslop wrote:
Richard wrote:

[...]

That's my camera, for which I paid CDN$180 + 15% tax (approx. £95) a
year ago. Not bad, but it has its limitations. It's slow taking a photo
after you press the button, and the battery/memory card cover pops open
too easily.

--
Martin S.
Old December 9th 05, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

MartinS wrote:

That's my camera, for which I paid CDN$180 + 15% tax (approx. £95) a
year ago. Not bad, but it has its limitations. It's slow taking a photo
after you press the button, and the battery/memory card cover pops open
too easily.

--
Martin S.

That's some handy tips there, Martin. Would you say it was worth the
half price though?

Old December 10th 05, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Paul Heslop wrote:
MartinS wrote:

That's my camera, for which I paid CDN$180 + 15% tax (approx. £95) a
year ago. Not bad, but it has its limitations. It's slow taking a photo
after you press the button, and the battery/memory card cover pops open
too easily.

That's some handy tips there, Martin. Would you say it was worth the
half price though?

I would say so. It depends on what you want to use it for.

--
Martin S.
Old December 10th 05, 07:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

MartinS wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote:
MartinS wrote:

That's my camera, for which I paid CDN$180 + 15% tax (approx. £95)a
year ago. Not bad, but it has its limitations. It's slow taking a photo
after you press the button, and the battery/memory card cover pops open
too easily.

That's some handy tips there, Martin. Would you say it was worth the
half price though?

I would say so. It depends on what you want to use it for.

--
Martin S.

Not for me personally but the OP. A slow response might not be that
good for a kid. I have trouble myself with my Oly c725, very slow
response at times, makes for some disasters.

--
Paul (We're too young to fall asleep)
Old December 20th 05, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message
MartinS wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote:
MartinS wrote:

That's my camera, for which I paid CDN$180 + 15% tax (approx. £95) a
year ago. Not bad, but it has its limitations. It's slow taking a photo
after you press the button, and the battery/memory card cover pops open
too easily.

That's some handy tips there, Martin. Would you say it was worth the
half price though?

I would say so. It depends on what you want to use it for.

--
Martin S.

Not for me personally but the OP. A slow response might not be that
good for a kid. I have trouble myself with my Oly c725, very slow
response at times, makes for some disasters.

--
critcher said............
always remember that you can grow with your camera if it has the ability,

Old December 20th 05, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

MartinS wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote:
MartinS wrote:

That's my camera, for which I paid CDN$180 + 15% tax (approx. £95) a
year ago. Not bad, but it has its limitations. It's slow taking a photo
after you press the button, and the battery/memory card cover popsopen
too easily.

That's some handy tips there, Martin. Would you say it was worth the
half price though?

I would say so. It depends on what you want to use it for.

--
Martin S.

Not for me personally but the OP. A slow response might not be that
good for a kid. I have trouble myself with my Oly c725, very slow
response at times, makes for some disasters.

--

Argh, same cam here, along with a c220. The grandkids love messing
though and for some reason i feel more able to let them use the 220