Gumoil

Old February 16th 04, 09:55 PM
Biesior

Default Gumoil

Is there any oportunity to find description of gumoil process by Koenig
without buying his book ? (it's still little bit too expensive :-( )

Old February 17th 04, 03:34 AM
Richard Knoppow

"Biesior" wrote in message
Is there any oportunity to find description of gumoil

process by Koenig
without buying his book ? (it's still little bit too

expensive :-( )

A Google search for Gumoil found a bunch of sites. Check
them out.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old February 17th 04, 12:24 PM
Dennis O'Connor

I got my book on gumoil, carbon prints, and others, from a used book dealer,
printed in the early 30's... I think it was $3... These processes have been
around a lot longer than contemporary authors...
denny

Old February 17th 04, 03:42 PM
biesior [wro]

I got my book on gumoil, carbon prints, and others, from a used book
dealer,
printed in the early 30's... I think it was $3... These processes have

been
around a lot longer than contemporary authors...
denny

Ok I don't care about author - I want just process (the same or at least
similar to Koenig's works) Have You got any electronic formats (pdf, html,
txt) ?

Old February 17th 04, 03:43 PM
biesior [wro]

A Google search for Gumoil found a bunch of sites. Check
them out.

google returns links to amazon ,,,

Old February 17th 04, 10:41 PM
biesior [wro]

What country are you in?

Poland, why do You ask ?

Old February 18th 04, 12:40 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Because I was going to send you to the public library - which in the USA can
come up with literally any book other than rare collector items... I know
nothing about the library systems of europe...
OK, I will make the effort to remember to paw through my collection of books
scattered among three locations and see if I can find that old book to give
you the name, etc...
What I do is go to old/used book stores when ever I am in a new town and ask
about old photographic books.. Flea markets, yard sales, etc,., are also
good places... Usually they can be bought for pennies as few people want
them and they are not rare...
denny

Old February 18th 04, 06:57 PM
Biesior

Uzytkownik "Dennis O'Connor" napisal w wiadomosci
Because I was going to send you to the public library - which in the USA

can
come up with literally any book other than rare collector items... I know
nothing about the library systems of europe...

Libraries... hmmm ... It's rather OK... rather. There's problem with
non-polish books especialy in such narrow topic as Gumoil . On the other
hand trust me - I've searched many books - maybe are you interested in
"Fotografia na materialach nietypowych" ("Photography on non-typical
materials") by Stanislaw Sommer printed in 1955 ??? very good position,
unfortunately polish language only . As far as I know there's no polish
versions of Koenig's "Gumoil Prints"

OK, I will make the effort to remember to paw through my collection of

books
scattered among three locations and see if I can find that old book to

give
you the name, etc...

Well - do You think that Koenig's process is only 'fake' ? and in fact there
is another (older) gumoil procces ??? (this is question )

What I do is go to old/used book stores when ever I am in a new town and

ask
about old photographic books..

Im working on it

Old February 19th 04, 01:01 PM
Dennis O'Connor

OK, I was lucky in that the book was here in Michigan and not in Florida...
Photographic Control Process
Franklin I. Jordan, F.R.P.S.
1937
Galleon Publishers, Inc.
New York

The section on Bromoil is lengthy and I do not have any good way to image it
for you... sorry..

I appreciate the tip on the polish language book, but I do not read the
polish language...

good luck - denny