D60 SHOOTS RUBY !!

Old July 24th 04, 10:12 AM
Steve Kramer

Default D60 SHOOTS RUBY !!

Annika1980 wrote:
From: Double D

http://www.pbase.com/image/31709756

Lookin' good, Bret. What is the technical info for this shot?

Believe it or not, that is a one second exposure @ f/22, ISO 100.

I depended on the flash to freeze the bird.

THAT'S where I've been going wrong! I've been using the fridge to freeze
the animals! They certainly stay still long enough for me to get my
shot. But it's rough when a customer wants a good photo of an elephant.
They keep getting their footprints in the cheesecake!! Really nice
photo of this bird, Bret. What was the lens to subject distance?

Steve Kramer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com

--
"The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,
but in seeing with new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Old July 24th 04, 08:29 PM
Annika1980

From: Steve Kramer

Really nice
photo of this bird, Bret. What was the lens to subject distance?

About two feet. This one was taken a few minutes ago from about 1 foot away.

http://www.pbase.com/image/31740003

Old July 25th 04, 02:13 AM
Steve Kramer

From: Steve Kramer

Really nice
photo of this bird, Bret. What was the lens to subject distance?

About two feet. This one was taken a few minutes ago from about 1 foot away.

http://www.pbase.com/image/31740003

LOL! It must be nice to be able to pay your models sugar water. I have
to pay peanuts and bananas! http://www.photoenvisions.com/Baby5.jpg

Old July 25th 04, 02:13 AM
Steve Kramer

Old July 25th 04, 02:13 AM
Steve Kramer

Old July 25th 04, 02:34 AM
Annika1980

From: Steve Kramer

http://www.pbase.com/image/31740003

LOL! It must be nice to be able to pay your models sugar water. I have
to pay peanuts and bananas! http://www.photoenvisions.com/Baby5.jpg

Hey, I get paid peanuts. Does that make me an elephant?

I wish my subjects moved that slowly. However, I do like the challenge of
capturing fast moving animals like hummingbirds and bees.

You want a tougher challenge than shooting elephants? Try catching a wasp in
mid air!
http://www.pbase.com/image/31748581

Old July 25th 04, 03:36 AM
Brian C. Baird

In article , annika1980
@aol.com says...
You want a tougher challenge than shooting elephants? Try catching a wasp in
mid air!
http://www.pbase.com/image/31748581

I would have had plenty of opportunities this afternoon as I commenced
knocking a wasp nest out of my dwarf Alberta spruce. Normally I leave
wasps alone, but this tree is RIGHT NEXT to my walkway and is easily
bumped by the dog or myself. The wasps were not pleased and I wasn't
going to stick around to argue with them about it.
--
Do I talk trash? You betcha. See my crappy galleries online:
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Old July 25th 04, 06:39 AM
Steve Kramer

From: Steve Kramer

http://www.pbase.com/image/31740003

LOL! It must be nice to be able to pay your models sugar water. I have
to pay peanuts and bananas! http://www.photoenvisions.com/Baby5.jpg

Hey, I get paid peanuts. Does that make me an elephant?

I wish my subjects moved that slowly. However, I do like the challenge of
capturing fast moving animals like hummingbirds and bees.

You want a tougher challenge than shooting elephants? Try catching a wasp in
mid air!
http://www.pbase.com/image/31748581

Wasps? No problem. http://www.photoenvisions.com/WASPS.jpg

I'm off for a four day location shoot tomorrow up north. I don't think
I'll see many there... Mabe some Cobras, but they will have tail rotors
and rocket pods instead of fangs. What the heck do I feed THEM?