shutter release cable extension

Old December 14th 04, 01:18 AM
Nick Zentena

John Bartley wrote:
Bob Salomon wrote:

Gepe Wide Angle Cable Release Extension. Distributed in Canada by Daymen

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the suggestion. I went looking for this product and came
up empty. No trouble finding Gepe or Daymen, but no info at all at all
on the product. I don't usually come up this short when I go hunting.
Any ideas other than a long distance phone call?

Did you try emailing Daymen? They'll tell you if the product is available
in Canada. If it is then either ask your friendly local dealer to order it
from Daymen or Ask Photo-co in Quebec to order it. Photo-co is pretty good
about ordering things in. Prices and shipping are very fair.

Or I think these are the items you want. Bob can confirm/deny.

http://www.mpex.com/CABLE_RELEASES_AND_ADAPTERS.htm

Nick
Old December 14th 04, 02:08 AM
John Bartley

Nick Zentena wrote:

Did you try emailing Daymen? They'll tell you if the product is available
in Canada. If it is then either ask your friendly local dealer to order it
from Daymen or Ask Photo-co in Quebec to order it. Photo-co is pretty good
about ordering things in. Prices and shipping are very fair.

Or I think these are the items you want. Bob can confirm/deny.

http://www.mpex.com/CABLE_RELEASES_AND_ADAPTERS.htm

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the reply. I did find that particular MPeX page and sent
it by email to my local "Henrys Photo" guy. We have a Henrys store just
up the block from where I live. I haven't heard back yet, so if I don't
hear back tomorrow, I'll get hold of PhotoCo and ask them. I also saw
their web site, but wasn't up to navigating it last night - too durned
tired after taking it easy all day :-) .

cheers

--
regards from ::

John Bartley
43 Norway Spruce Street
Stittsville, Ontario
Canada, K2S1P5

( If you slow down it takes longer
- does that apply to life also?)

Old December 14th 04, 03:10 AM
Jos. Burke

B& H photo has them--I just got one --Its a GEPE Pro Release--Wide Angle
Cable release Extension-#603007--about $18
Joseph Burke
"John Bartley" wrote in message
.. .

Old December 14th 04, 03:49 AM
Nick Zentena

John Bartley wrote:

up the block from where I live. I haven't heard back yet, so if I don't
hear back tomorrow, I'll get hold of PhotoCo and ask them. I also saw
their web site, but wasn't up to navigating it last night - too durned
tired after taking it easy all day :-) .

I wouldn't count on it being on the website for Photoco. Not even sure
about Henry's. Get the part number from Daymen and then ask Photoco [I think
it's Karen] to check on it for you.

Nick

Old December 14th 04, 03:36 PM
jjs

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=233735&is=REG

There it is.

Old December 14th 04, 03:36 PM
jjs

Old December 14th 04, 10:37 PM
John Bartley

jjs wrote:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=233735&is=REG

There it is.

So 'tis!! :-) .

Thanks guys - I was kinda hoping to buy it here in the frozen wastes of
Canada. I surely don't mind buying from the US, but everytime I do, our
government charges me for the pleasure. For the number of times Canada
Customs has bent me over the fence rail (so to speak), they should be
paying me ;-) .