Nature photogs - % of work without perspective controls?

Old December 11th 04, 07:55 AM
rafe bustin

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:44:29 -0600, "jjs" wrote:

Serious question to nature photogs: what percent of your work used no
perspective control? Now we all _know_ that it's easy to say "well a
little rise or tilt helps", but I am genuinely interested in finding how
much of the good work required nothing but straight-on shooting. Not
interested in chit-chatt of how controls work. We all know that stuff.

Yeah, I'm new to this but here's my $.02 --
A bit of back tilt is mainly what gets me by.
Never used the swings and only rarely the
rise/fall controls. Ie., using the controls
to optimize focus, and not really for
perspective control.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Old December 14th 04, 05:05 PM

A little front shift or rise. Easily done with a Crown Graphic. I
think that's all the Edward Weston ever used.

Old December 14th 04, 05:05 PM

Old December 14th 04, 06:02 PM
Gregory Blank

In article .com,
wrote:

A little front shift or rise. Easily done with a Crown Graphic. I
think that's all the Edward Weston ever used.

Front shift & rise or a crown graphic?, if its the later I have serious
doubt.

--
LF Website @
http://members.verizon.net/~gregoryblank

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old December 15th 04, 02:50 AM

Most LF photographers shoot everything at the same 90-degree angle, and
from eye level. It's sickening.

Old December 15th 04, 02:50 AM

Old December 15th 04, 01:39 PM
jjs

wrote in message
ups.com...
Most LF photographers shoot everything at the same 90-degree angle, and
from eye level. It's sickening.

Could that possibly be because that's the normal view of the world for a
human being? Anyway, the exceptions make the difference.