Portland Gestapo Ask Homeowners, Businesses To Register Surveillance Cameras

Old May 3rd 17, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

Default Portland Gestapo Ask Homeowners, Businesses To RegisterSurveillance Cameras

On 2017-05-03 13:57:21 +0000, PAS said:

On 5/2/2017 4:36 PM, nospam wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

There are a lot of red light cameras on Long Island, not just
NYC, and
the number is growing as the local politicians need more ways
to extract
money from the residents.
i consider long island to be the outskirts of nyc, just as san
diego is
a suburb of los angeles, which itself is a suburb of nyc.
Take a look at a map.
In no way is San Diego a suburb of Los Angeles.
officially no, but the reality is that it is.
That is like saying San Jose, Oakland, and Sacramento are suburbs of
San Francisco.
yep. exactly like it.

it's called the san francisco bay area, not the san jose bay area, and
san francisco itself is called the city. as for oakland, there is no
there there. sacramento is not even worth stopping, except maybe for
fuel.

The reality is San Diego is not by any sense of the
imagination, a suburb of L.A.
officially no, but the reality is it is.

There is a 120-130 mile
drive between the two cities.
so what? los angeles itself is *huge*. 120mi is nothing.
So Philidelphia is a suburb of NYC, after all they are only 95 miles
apart, and that is nothing.
yep. it's a short ride on acela and lots of people do that very
commute.

Still doesn't make Philly a suburb of NYC.

In the bizarre world of nospam the USA is a conglomerate of megacities.

And it's also a suburb of Canada.

Old May 3rd 17, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 03/05/2017 15:09, Savageduck wrote:
In the bizarre world of nospam the USA is a conglomerate of megacities.

Are you on Facebook, Savageduck?

--
David B.
Old May 3rd 17, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-03 19:32:54 +0000, "David B." said:

On 03/05/2017 15:09, Savageduck wrote:
In the bizarre world of nospam the USA is a conglomerate of megacities.

Are you on Facebook, Savageduck?

Nope!
That is the second time you have asked that question.
You might have noted that I gave the same answer when you asked that in
the DB comments.

Savageduck

Old May 5th 17, 07:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 2017-05-03 19:32:54 +0000, "David B."
said:

On 03/05/2017 15:09, Savageduck wrote:
In the bizarre world of nospam the USA is a conglomerate of megacities.

Are you on Facebook, Savageduck?

Nope!

Ah!

That is the second time you have asked that question.

It is!

You might have noted that I gave the same answer when you asked that in
the DB comments.

I'm sorry, I must have missed your previous answer somehow. :-(

I was hoping that I could find a way to communicate with you in a more
private environment than Usenet. Out of interest, can you read the
message I left in the comments section of this YouTube video ......
presented by the guy who 'invented' the Raspberry Pi!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argxsReuWHw&t=14s

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Old May 5th 17, 07:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-03 19:32:54 +0000, "David B." said:

On 03/05/2017 15:09, Savageduck wrote:
In the bizarre world of nospam the USA is a conglomerate of megacities.

Are you on Facebook, Savageduck?

Nope!

Ah!

That is the second time you have asked that question.

It is!

You might have noted that I gave the same answer when you asked that in
the DB comments.

I'm sorry, I must have missed your previous answer somehow. :-(

I was hoping that I could find a way to communicate with you in a more
private environment than Usenet.

Do what others here do, use email.

Several of us have from time-to-time used email; PeterN, Tony Cooper,
Eric Stevens, Alan Browne, and a few others. Once the email address I
use in this post is demunged by removing {REMOVESPAM} any email you
send should arrive in my inbox with nobody else peeking.

Out of interest, can you read the message I left in the comments
section of this YouTube video ...... presented by the guy who
'invented' the Raspberry Pi!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argxsReuWHw&t=14s

Yup! I can read that.

Savageduck

Old May 5th 17, 08:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 2017-05-05 06:36:55 +0000, "David B."

On 2017-05-03 19:32:54 +0000, "David B."
said:

[...]

OK. Thank you. :-)

Out of interest, can you read the message I left in the comments
section of this YouTube video ...... presented by the guy who
'invented' the Raspberry Pi!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argxsReuWHw&t=14s

Yup! I can read that.

Again, thank you. Do you know *anyone* who might be able to answer the
question I posed therein?

--
David B.
Old May 5th 17, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-03 19:32:54 +0000, "David B." said:

[...]

Not really. However, I am pretty sure that "he who knows all", *nospam*
will chime in with an opinion soon enough.

Savageduck

Old May 5th 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 2017-05-03 19:32:54 +0000, "David B." said:

[...]

The trick to getting nospam to provide an answer is to post an answer
for him to argue with.

I expect you are right about that, Tony - but I have not personally
'engaged' him as far as I can remember.

You may like to explore he-
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...k/ffYkmf3REQAJ

It relates to the question I asked in the YouTube video.

--
David B.

Old May 22nd 17, 12:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

nospam
Tue, 02 May 2017
06:51:45 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

In article , Tony
Cooper wrote:

Red light camera tickets are issued if you enter the intersection
on the yellow but do not clear the intersection by the time the
light turns red.

no they aren't.

They are here. I've paid for three of them. Now, if the light goes to
yellow, I'm on the brakes (hard), and, if someone hits me in the ass
as a result; well, their insurance company just wrote me a check for
damages.

If you travel under the light when it's yellow, it's firing off a
ticket, and it's not a still pic. It's running video. I challenged
one (they're $100 here), and, because I challenged it and lost, I had
to pay an extra $10. That's how I found out it's a video feed, not a
still pic.

They'll send you the notice in the mail to whoever the vehicle is
registered to; even if you weren't the driver at the time. Along with
the notice is a black and white pic of the ass end of your ride, with
your tag clearly visible, going across that line.

entering an intersection on a yellow light is *legal*, which is
why rlcs are designed to *not* trigger when a vehicle enters on a
yellow. the system becomes active *when* the light goes red, not
before.

Again, it goes hot if that lights on yellow here.

I know, because I got one of those tickets. The photo
shows the light as yellow when I entered and red before I
cleared.

then the camera you encountered was defective, perhaps
intentionally so in an attempt to get more revenue.

It's intentional.

you should have challenged it rather than suck up and pay.

Yea? Well, if you challenge, you'll lose, and, you'll pay an
additional 'fee' for having done it. I know this from first hand
experience. So, as I said, if that ******* light hits yellow, I'm
going to do my best to stop, even if the vehicle behind me has a damn
good chance of drilling me in the ass. I'd love it if a cruiser did
it.

That's not the same as running a red where the light is red when
you enter. Of course, you'd get the same ticket if you ran the
red.

of course you *can't* get the same ticket because there is no
violation when entering an intersection when yellow.

When I read the book to get my license (a long time ago), you were
right. Yellow means slow down, prepare to stop, but, not so much
anymore. Yellow means don't cross over that line, or the camera is
going to tag you for a c-note.

In case you drive legally and haven't received a ticket for this,
the ticket has color photographs.

not always. sometimes you have to request them.

They usually send us a black and white printout (very good detail) of
the 'violation'; If you want to see the video, goto the courthouse
and challenge the ticket. The officer behind the desk will flip the
screen around so you can see it, and press play. It's in full color
(very good detail) and they'll smile as they tell you you owe them an
extra $10 dollars for it, now.

Old May 22nd 17, 12:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

nospam news:020520171133242899%
lid Tue, 02 May 2017 15:33:24 GMT in
rec.photo.digital, wrote:

In article , Tony

Cooper
wrote:

At least, with the red light camera tickets, there are no points
assessed and no notice to your insurance carrier of a ticket.

Only
your bank account is hurt.

that depends where. some states assess points.

No points here, you just part with your hard earned money. Your
insurance company never even knows you got the ticket. I've been told
they can't legally even make us pay them, but, I'm unwilling to find
out what happens if you don't. So...I just slam on the brakes if the
light goes yellow. You should see how well my old 3/4ton work van
handled an immediate stop request from 45mph. Heh. I had a city
cruiser behind me one time when that happened, I could see the
expression on his face from my side mirrors. I bet if he didn't ****
himself, he came very close to it.

I paid three of them, I'll score no more of them. **** it, hard stop,
all the way. If someone hits me in the ass, kewl beans, I'm getting a
check from their insurance company, or, mine, if they don't have any
insurance. My way of protesting the bull**** camera tickets.