Basic image editor

Old August 14th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

Default Basic image editor

I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.

She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and maybe
add text.

Suggestions ???

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Old August 14th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Thompson

Try Google's Picasa, it's about as simple as it gets and does what you say
she needs to do.
Regards,
David "Routemeister" Thompson
http://picasaweb.google.com/david.routemeister
-------------------------------------

Old August 14th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Joseph Meehan wrote:
I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.

She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and maybe
add text.

Suggestions ???

Take a look at www.serif.com and pick up a free copy of an earlier
version of PhotoPlus. This does layers and is reasonably easy to use for
basic functions while retaining the ability to do full fledged editing
with a little more effort.
Dave Cohen

Old August 14th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bucky

On Aug 13, 5:11 pm, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.
She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and maybe
add text.

Irfanview or Picasa. Both free.

Old August 14th 07, 07:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Scott

Dave Cohen wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.

She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and
maybe add text.

Suggestions ???

Take a look at www.serif.com and pick up a free copy of an earlier
version of PhotoPlus. This does layers and is reasonably easy to use for
basic functions while retaining the ability to do full fledged editing
with a little more effort.
Dave Cohen

Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/index.html) is open source and does
layers. Latest beta version is 3.10
Dave
Old August 14th 07, 08:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Joseph Meehan wrote:
I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.

She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and maybe
add text.

Suggestions ???

Check out Irfanview, and XNview. Both are free, and sufficient for 90%
of my editing. On the higher end, try PS Elements, which has most of
the capability of PS, and much simpler to use.
Old August 14th 07, 09:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
mark_digital©[_4_]

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.

She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and maybe
add text.

Suggestions ???

--

Has she tried Weight Watchers?

Old August 14th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:11:54 -0400, Joseph Meehan wrote:

I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.

She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and maybe
add text.

Suggestions ???

I'd suggest she look at GIMP. It's free. It certainly has much more
capability, but it's quite easy to do simple things like you suggest.

Old August 14th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marcin[_3_]

Użytkownik "Joseph Meehan" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
I am looking for an easy to use basic editor for my girlfriend.
AdobePhotoshop is a little too much for her.

She needs to be able to do a little cutting resizing and pasting and maybe
add text.

Suggestions ???

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I'm sure that Irfanview is the best solution,
it is a freeware,
download main file from: www.irfanview.com
you can also download plugins.
Attention: unmark "google toolbar" during installation and mark all graphic
files (associated file extensions).

Best wishes
Marcin Gorgolewski
www.gorgolewski.com