S&N - Rodenstock APO Sironar-N and S differences?

Old December 8th 04, 03:11 PM
Christopher Perez

I've had good luck with a 150mm Fujinon W f/5.6. These are surprisingly
cheap, incredibly sharp, and provide outstanding coverage. I recently
picked one up off that auction site for a tad over a couple 'un'ert quid.

If you look for one, make sure that the lens has the information
engraved around the outside of the front barrel. This will mean its
multi-coated. Finding one in mint condition shouldn't be too difficult.

I've never met a Fuji lens I didn't like. Even though the "Kerry
Thalmann" effect caused prices to rise for awhile, the cost of these
have settled down to nearly shockingly cheap.

- Chris

jjs wrote:
"Christopher Perez" wrote in message
. ..

Indeed, I am cruel. Perhaps more so to myself than to others.

Did I ever tell you about the time I went to a photoswap, sold a small
stack of Rollei TLRs and took home an ancient 7x17inch view camera... :-)

Did you find a 150mm Rodenstock? Or sumpth'n?

Yes, a rebranded Caltar. I want something close to normal with better
coverage than the 135mm Planar. So I'll probably chuck the glass, keep the
shutter and save my pennies for a better lens.