8x10 wide angle

Old November 24th 04, 12:57 AM
jjs

"Douglas" wrote in message
. ..
"jjs"

Oh, yes that's a good example. So...(LOL) more to the point, what's with
the SA 210 recommendation/redirection, did you think the OP might bid
against you?

Nope. I was just harrassing the bidder. Seriously, I've been looking for
the same lens and jumped when I read the post then checked ebay. But I do
set my limits... and I lose!

Old December 8th 04, 05:10 AM
sympatico.ca

I used one (f12.5) for a couple of months when first doing 8x10 learning.
While contrast isn't that good, the other characteristics are acceptable.

They were made over quite a time period with various different versions. The
12.5's have more coverage than the 9.5 I think and in some later versions is
considered slightly better than the 9.5. I have a later 12.5 single coated
Anastigmat Extreme WA version ("Wollcoated" - look for a pink @ but with a
"W" in it not an "a") - it's actually pretty nice (especially for the
price). I just did some 20x24 colour prints from scans for my gallery and
they look just fine. In addition, mine is in a Rapax shutter - remove a
small stop screw and it opens quite a bit wider than 12.5 (to at least 9.5)
so a darker GG isn't really a problem

It's not a Symmar XL but it's a hell of a lot cheaper and smaller.

I also got a 165mm Super Angulon for under $400.00 'cause it has a big 1cm
scalloped chip out of the back element. Its a great lens, tons of coverage
and very nice look/feel and sharp as well. But it's so darned heavy I have
to know I am likely to need it to bother carrying it. So the Wollensak gets
used a lot more (Oh and I've never seen a problem from the chip - one day I
should get up the courage to take off the back retainign ring and fix it
with some optical cement...!)

There are also the 6 1/4?/165mm? f8 WA Dagors which can also be very nice.