Machine Gunning the EOS-1D Mark III

Old February 23rd 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Machine Gunning the EOS-1D Mark III

On Feb 23, 6:22 am, Lionel wrote:

Eh. My main camera is a 1Dmk2, & I think I've used it in 8FPS mode
maybe three times, ever. Although in all fairness, I don't do much
sports shooting.

Then you may wish to entertain the possibility you wasted your money
buying one. My 1D2 is on 8fps basically all the time. I think 95%+
of the images I've collected were gathered in this mode, the rest in
single-shot. I could not find a mention of it in the MkIII's "white
paper" (disguised marketing material), but it would be useful to have
some burst options.

Old February 23rd 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Randall Ainsworth

In article . com,
" wrote:

Then you may wish to entertain the possibility you wasted your money
buying one. My 1D2 is on 8fps basically all the time. I think 95%+
of the images I've collected were gathered in this mode, the rest in
single-shot. I could not find a mention of it in the MkIII's "white
paper" (disguised marketing material), but it would be useful to have
some burst options.

You might try discretion when creating images rather than just holding
down the button and hoping something good is in there.
Old February 23rd 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Feb 23, 9:29 am, Randall Ainsworth
wrote:

You might try discretion when creating images rather than just holding
down the button and hoping something good is in there.

When discretion says "hit the button", I get 3-4 images to choose from
before your shutter even opens.

Old February 23rd 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Not Disclosed

Lionel wrote:

I'm about 50/50 between single shot & 3 FPS mode. The latter is just
right for getting a clean shot when a subject blinks during the first
exposure.

I do mainly studio work, and I wonder what kind of studio flash can do
8+ fps without the flashtube or capacitor burning out.
Old March 1st 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
In article . com,
" wrote:

Then you may wish to entertain the possibility you wasted your money
buying one. My 1D2 is on 8fps basically all the time. I think 95%+
of the images I've collected were gathered in this mode, the rest in
single-shot. I could not find a mention of it in the MkIII's "white
paper" (disguised marketing material), but it would be useful to have
some burst options.

You might try discretion when creating images rather than just holding
down the button and hoping something good is in there.

With this camera all you need is 100 cameras and 100 monkeys, you would be
sure to get some keepers then. ;-)

Old March 1st 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Not Disclosed" wrote in message
. com...
Lionel wrote:

I'm about 50/50 between single shot & 3 FPS mode. The latter is just
right for getting a clean shot when a subject blinks during the first
exposure.

I do mainly studio work, and I wonder what kind of studio flash can do 8+
fps without the flashtube or capacitor burning out.

Just get a bigger fluc capacitor, that should work!! ;-)

Old March 2nd 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Greg \_\

In article
,
"Pete D" wrote:

Just get a bigger fluc capacitor, that should work!! ;-)

What the fluc are you talking about,.....Oh it's "Flux capacitor".
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com
Old March 2nd 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Greg "_"" wrote in message
In article
,
"Pete D" wrote:

Just get a bigger fluc capacitor, that should work!! ;-)

What the fluc are you talking about,.....Oh it's "Flux capacitor".

I did think about cancelling the post but knew you would be along shortly to
explain, thanks for that. ;-)