Carrying Practices

Old January 17th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Deputy Dog

Default Carrying Practices

This sounds as if it came out of rec.guns. Today on the way home in south
east PA there was a spectacular sunset and I mean spectacular and I found
myself wishing that I had one of my cameras with me. I don't carry one with
me but after today and thinking about it I'm gonna start keeping my Nikon
8700 in my car just for occaisions like this evening. And taking the DSLR
when I'm image hunting by design.
what do the rest of you folks do?

Dave

Old January 17th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Greg \_\

In article 7Wdrh.4273$32.3612@trndny09,
"Deputy Dog" wrote:

This sounds as if it came out of rec.guns. Today on the way home in south
east PA there was a spectacular sunset and I mean spectacular and I found
myself wishing that I had one of my cameras with me. I don't carry one with
me but after today and thinking about it I'm gonna start keeping my Nikon
8700 in my car just for occaisions like this evening. And taking the DSLR
when I'm image hunting by design.
what do the rest of you folks do?

Dave

Carry my D70 along with my 8x10 and or my 4x5.
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com
Old January 17th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Dyer-Bennet

Deputy Dog wrote:
This sounds as if it came out of rec.guns. Today on the way home in south
east PA there was a spectacular sunset and I mean spectacular and I found
myself wishing that I had one of my cameras with me. I don't carry one with
me but after today and thinking about it I'm gonna start keeping my Nikon
8700 in my car just for occaisions like this evening. And taking the DSLR
when I'm image hunting by design.
what do the rest of you folks do?

Well, I normally use some kind of off-body carry rig, like a shoulder
bag or something, for the camera. I don't advocate that approach for a
gun :-).

My Fuji F11 lives in my shoulder bag pretty much full-time, so I
generally have it with me.

The weather up here (Minnesota), both summer and winter, leaves me not
liking the idea of leaving a camera sitting in the car.
Old January 17th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bates

On Jan 16, 7:17 pm, "Deputy Dog" wrote:
This sounds as if it came out of rec.guns. Today on the way home in south
east PA there was a spectacular sunset and I mean spectacular and I found
myself wishing that I had one of my cameras with me. I don't carry one with
me but after today and thinking about it I'm gonna start keeping my Nikon
8700 in my car just for occaisions like this evening. And taking the DSLR
when I'm image hunting by design.
what do the rest of you folks do?

Dave

I just bought a ultracompact P&S (SD700is) for this very reason - so
that I can have it on me most of the time - Just in case. I hate
missing great opportunities for a picture and it has happened more than
once before.

Bates.......

Old January 17th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
DoN. Nichols

According to Deputy Dog :
This sounds as if it came out of rec.guns. Today on the way home in south
east PA there was a spectacular sunset and I mean spectacular and I found
myself wishing that I had one of my cameras with me. I don't carry one with
me but after today and thinking about it I'm gonna start keeping my Nikon
8700 in my car just for occaisions like this evening. And taking the DSLR
when I'm image hunting by design.
what do the rest of you folks do?

I toss the strap for my D70 over my shoulder whenever I leave
the house -- with whichever lens is on it at the moment -- usually the
35-135mm, but sometimes the 18-70mm. If I'm expecting particularly low
light, I may switch out whichever lens for the 50mm f1.4 instead. On
some occasions, I will take a second lens along. If I am going
specifically to take photos, I will take along the bag full of lenses --
and wish for a caddy. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Old January 17th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:17:07 -0800, Deputy Dog wrote
(in article 7Wdrh.4273$32.3612@trndny09):

And taking the DSLR
when I'm image hunting by design.
what do the rest of you folks do?

I take the D200 with the 18-200mm VR everywhere.

Old January 17th 07, 08:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Toby

I just got a Fuji F30. Size of a pack of cigs, battery life is excellent,
500-odd exposures on a 2Gb card. Excellent low light performance. I keep it
in my pocket at all times.

Toby

Old January 17th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Douglas

Be like Anika 1980 and just put wheels and an outboard motor on your camera
bag!!

--

Australian Wedding Photography between Kempsy, NSW and Sunshine Coast.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com

Old January 17th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jim Redelfs

"Deputy Dog" wrote:

what do the rest of you folks do?

My camera, bag and tripod are ALWAYS in my vehicle.

It is for "opportunities" like the following that it is always with me.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/360478505_1d2af0a83c.jpg
--

JR

Canon EOS 20D
Old January 17th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jim Redelfs

In article ,
David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

The weather up here (Minnesota), both summer and winter, leaves me not
liking the idea of leaving a camera sitting in the car.

I assume that temeperature extremes are not nearly as important with DIGITAL
as they are with FILM equipment. That is, of course, keeping in mind the
liklihood of condensation if bringing the camera into a warm space when it is
very cold.
--

JR