photoshop dvd problem

Old January 18th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default photoshop dvd problem

i received the 'best of photoshop user dvd - the 7th year' and can't
get it to run: a message saying i need a plug in pops up. i called
the company that makes it "photoshopvideos.com" and they want me to
buy a $30 software to run it! does anyone know what plug in i need
and where to get it for free? i have tried wmp 10, real and free
quicktime.

tia ... steve
Old January 18th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote in message
i received the 'best of photoshop user dvd - the 7th year' and can't
get it to run: a message saying i need a plug in pops up. i called
the company that makes it "photoshopvideos.com" and they want me to
buy a $30 software to run it! does anyone know what plug in i need
and where to get it for free? i have tried wmp 10, real and free
quicktime.

tia ... steve

Before someone who actually used that software steps up and answer your
question, can you please elaborate on exactly what happens after you
inserted the DVD disk into the drive so that we may be able to figure it out
for you?

Did your software DVD player come up?

If not, what software came up?

What exactly was the message? (word for word please).

Wannabe
=======

Old January 19th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

with both real and windows media player i got a message (sorry not
word for word) saying i needed a plug in :-( ... but didn't specify
which one ...

the video was 'free' from napp (which i like btw) ... and when i spoke
to them they mentioned that they were making sure the newest dvd did
not require any non standard software; i do have the latest windows
and quicktime - no luck ...but! i did find www.videolan.org has a
program called the vlc media player and they say it will play most
media and indeed it does! and the price is right, free :-) ...

i have been able to play every other dvd, including russell brown (he
is the best!)'s ...just not the one from photoshopvideos.com ... i
can not recommend them if only for that reason ...

i'm 1/2 way through the first dvd and its nice to actually see in
front of me what i read in the magazine. once again i highly
recommend napp (www.photoshopuser.com) for the beginning/intermediate
photoshop user like myself (no financial interest) ... one benefit is
you pay no shipping charges with b&h!

steve emmet

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:13:09 -0500, "WannabeSomeone"
wrote:

.. .