Photoshop CC problem(s)

Old January 17th 21, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Photoshop CC problem(s)

On Jan 16, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jan 16, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

On 17/01/2021 01:41, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote

Bias? Obsession? No. Just another ****ing topic unlike tech wanking over
some rube who goofed up his photoshop and was too *lazy* to take his
issues to the Abobe forum.

*yawn* Tell me something I *don't know*. Plus you're still gearheading
not discussing art. No, can't be effed to look at your photos after the
previous two gaslighty ****takes. I use what I use when I use it how I
use it and don't need a burned out old cop blowing his retirement on
gear to tell me what to do. You're just parroting gearhead stuff you've
etched into your brain. Learn something new FFS.

Sigh..., since it is obvious you have made up your mind regarding this NG,
its content, and participants, you might do better finding an appreciation
of your acerbic wit, and “art” in some other NG, or gallery as none of
us old fart regulars is ever going to deliver content that won’t bore
you.

No. Just different starting points from you. Unlike you I don't think
photography is all about the gear but about other things including art.
Othewise wtf is the point of a photograph? Just because you are **** and
clueless with the topic of art doesn't mean everyone has to follow your
gearhead hobby and it is *your* hobby so stop forcing it.

Personally I always find cops a bit on the slow and linear side and
pretty unimaginative so no surprise you're not into art. The last (ex)
cop who ****ed me thought he was impressing me discussing organisational
shear like he was unfolding the mysteries of the universe. I'm glad this
is included in their training but I knew more than him and he didn't
have the first clue how to apply it. I've never met a cop who does. Most
are appalling bad at white collar crime or complex cases at the best of
times. This is where reading around subjects and, yes, art appreciation
gives you greater insight and ability to apply otherwise paint by
numbers linearity. Don't believe me go ask a clinical psychologist.

Would a “good” cop think you are a troll?

A “good” cop would think he she has been lurking in this NG for some
time, and might not be who she/he represents herself to be.Either that, or
he/she has been doing some serious research. Either way I believe I am done
entertaining “Melanie”.

I don’t believe my former profession has been mentioned here in quite a
number of years.

Not just that, but this line she wrote does not mesh with everything else she
wrote: "Myself I can but don't use Photoshop. It's standard practice in my
industry not to alter photos apart from cropping.” Her industry?

Old January 17th 21, 01:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article
.com,
says...
I have 18.26GB allocated to PS

Amazing that PS grabs so much memory...
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
Old January 17th 21, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

I have 18.26GB allocated to PS

Amazing that PS grabs so much memory...

not at all. memory is there to be used, one reason why photoshop is
much faster than other similar apps.
Old January 17th 21, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I have 18.26GB allocated to PS

Amazing that PS grabs so much memory...

Well in my case that doesn't mean that it actually uses 18.26GB,

it does.

unused memory is wasted.

but by
having that allocated, and available I have an added level of flexibility. I
can have multiple layers and/or windows in use. I have mine optimized to use
my GPU with 50 history states, & 6 cache levels.

more importantly, performance.

PS is after all not just a cropping, and exposure adjustment tool.

yep.
Old January 17th 21, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Melanie van Buren

On 17/01/2021 02:56, Savageduck wrote:

A “good” cop would think he she has been lurking in this NG for some time, and might not be who she/he represents herself to be.Either that, or he/she has been doing some serious research. Either way I believe I am done entertaining “Melanie”.

I don’t believe my former profession has been mentioned here in quite a number of years.

I am exactly what I say I am and yes that was a photo of me in my first
thread as stated. I am also very clear about what interests me and does
not interest me. I also explain why. Unlike you I actually explain
things. I also did my due diligence before posting in this NG by
scanning through a sample of threads at the top of the NGs just to see
what was happening.

A "good cop" (by your definition) is a cop who doesn't pay attention and
who has a ****ty memory. In response I refer you back to my first post
in this NG and your own comments in alt.photography when you were busy
bragging about your concealed carry permits.

As for comments in this thread I clearly stated my position in my first
comment and basically repeated myself when you began performing. I have
no more interest in this thread and nothing I want to contribute to this
thread so leaving you all to your gearhead wanking.

--
Melanie van Buren
Old January 17th 21, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Melanie van Buren

On 17/01/2021 02:23, Bill W wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote

Why would I bother reading an achingly boring gearhead topic? They know
where the tech support forums are...

What help? Nobody here actually wants to make the effort of discussing
art and photography or anything I'm interested in. Gearhead talk doesn't
rock my boat even if it is the lazy option.

I don’t think we can be friends anymore...

We weren't friends to begin with. You don't know anything about art or
discuss anything about art, clearly have your established habits and own
group biases in place, and nor are you a paying client. In fact even if
you were a paying client I don't play nodding dog so you would be an ex
client very fast if this was your expectation.

--
Melanie van Buren
Old January 17th 21, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

On this PC with 32GB RAM, when I open a 20MP RAW in PS with ACR,
PS takes 1466MB of RAM.

Closing this RAW file makes the memory usage of PS go down to
1328MB.

sounds about right.

The most RAM right now is used by the Firefox browser (2027MB).

firefox is a completely different app and entirely irrelevant. that's
also unusually high.

So it's a bit strange that on your machine PS takes 18.26GB of
RAM.

it isn't strange at all. memory is there to be used. unused memory is
wasted.