How to remove Rootkit malware from an Apple computer

Old March 31st 20, 10:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
David[_22_]

Default How to remove Rootkit malware from an Apple computer

On 31/03/2020 00:30, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 30 March 2020 17:15:38 UTC+1, David wrote:
On 30/03/2020 14:59, Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article , David
wrote:

Do you use any anti-malware software on your own Apple computer(s)?

snip

Schools are generally a cesspool of digital (and
biological!) infections.

I generally refer to them as students, well the biological ones ;-)

I laughed out loud! :-)

As you are probably at home, may I share this with you:-

https://www.facebook.com/MarionCramp...0051889096572/

Takes 'computing' to a completely new level!

Enjoy! :-D

Old April 1st 20, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Did you know that the virus's for Macs were captured by the Apollo
astronauts during their secret loof-lirpa mission. ?

Who should know better than I?

At one time, NASA had more Macintoshes than PC's, some of which were
configured by me (Macintosh IIfx, fully loaded with RAM -128 MB - and
hard drive space) Pretty expensive when RAM was $500 MB. I recently
came across one, with my sign-off still inside, at a flea market for
$10.

I can't get YouTube sharing to work right now, but search for "mac disk
eject in space" for a fun video. Takes place on SkyLab, IIRC.
Old April 1st 20, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David[_22_]

wrote:

Do you use any anti-malware software on your own Apple computer(s)?
snip

Schools are generally a cesspool of digital (and
biological!) infections.

I generally refer to them as students, well the biological ones ;-)

I laughed out loud! :-)

As you are probably at home, may I share this with you:-

https://www.facebook.com/MarionCramp...0051889096572/

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
No Idea why.

I have no idea why Facebook has taken down the video.

All is not lost though! here it is on YouTube:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaYE...CKKv38X6tkFIv4

Did you know that the virus's for Macs were captured by the Apollo
astronauts during their secret loof-lirpa mission. ?

Not so secret! I've found detail about it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwDwRsfUj6Y

Old April 1st 20, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David[_22_]

On 01/04/2020 03:12, Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Did you know that the virus's for Macs were captured by the Apollo
astronauts during their secret loof-lirpa mission. ?

Who should know better than I?

At one time, NASA had more Macintoshes than PC's, some of which were
configured by me (Macintosh IIfx, fully loaded with RAM -128 MB - and
hard drive space) Pretty expensive when RAM was $500 MB. I recently
came across one, with my sign-off still inside, at a flea market for
$10.

I can't get YouTube sharing to work right now, but search for "mac disk
eject in space" for a fun video. Takes place on SkyLab, IIRC.

He "mac disk eject in space"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMNw99Q8Ok0
Old April 4th 20, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

A friend had on one the early LCD screen iMacs and the disk eject used to
eject the disc right out and fell onto the table, he asked if it was meant to
do that. I said no and I've not seen any do it.

The standard floppy mechanism shouldn't do that, under standard
gravity, unless something was broken. I do vaguely recall one
aftermarket manufacturer of external floppy drives used to shoot them
out pretty good.
Old April 4th 20, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Scott Schuckert

Whisky-dave wrote:
A friend had on one the early LCD screen iMacs and the disk eject used to
eject the disc right out and fell onto the table, he asked if it was meant
to do that. I said no and I've not seen any do it.

The standard floppy mechanism shouldn't do that, under standard
gravity, unless something was broken. I do vaguely recall one
aftermarket manufacturer of external floppy drives used to shoot them
out pretty good.

imacs never had an internal floppy drive, nor did they need one.

depending on the imac, there was a cd or dvd drive, either tray load or
slot load.

an 'early lcd screen imac' would be the lamp, which had a tray load and
therefore could not eject a disc onto the table.

the following model was a similar design to today's imac, but white. it
had a slot load drive, but did not push a disc out far enough that it
would fall, plus the wipe foam would hold it in place.
Old April 4th 20, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

In article , nospam
wrote:

imacs never had an internal floppy drive, nor did they need one.

depending on the imac, there was a cd or dvd drive, either tray load or
slot load.

Quite true; some of us remember the very first iMac and the furor over
the lack of a floppy drive. However (GRIN) I've been generous and
assumed he was thinking of the Mac Portable or some early PowerBooks,
which had an LCD AND power eject floppies.
Old April 4th 20, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Scott Schuckert
wrote:

imacs never had an internal floppy drive, nor did they need one.

depending on the imac, there was a cd or dvd drive, either tray load or
slot load.

Quite true; some of us remember the very first iMac and the furor over
the lack of a floppy drive.

the only furor was from ignorant users who couldn't imagine a world
without floppies, mostly from people who had no plans to actually buy
an imac but just wanted to bash.

by the time the first imac came out in 1998, floppy use had dropped
dramatically. software was mainly distributed on cd or downloaded from
the internet, causing one of the two remaining floppy manufacturers to
shut down due to insufficient demand.

most people don't realize that the first mac without a floppy drive was
actually 6 years prior. very few people found it to be a problem and
almost nobody complained at all, because it didn't matter.

However (GRIN) I've been generous and
assumed he was thinking of the Mac Portable or some early PowerBooks,
which had an LCD AND power eject floppies.

macs with floppy drives had both power eject *and* power inject, up
until the early 90s when apple sadly removed the auto-inject
mechanisms.

pcs didn't have either. they were all ****ty manual inject/eject.
Old April 4th 20, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

It was the CD 'port' on the side of the mac it appears the dust protection in
the slots wasn't stopping the CD from falling out.

in other words, defective.
Old April 5th 20, 12:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

had a slot load drive, but did not push a disc out far enough that it
would fall, plus the wipe foam would hold it in place.

it did it mostly on CD-R , they might have been a bit thinner,

they're not

and it happen about 50% of the time.

defective drive