KOSTINER EASEL PARTS

Old January 28th 04, 03:08 PM
Drew Harty

Default KOSTINER EASEL PARTS

Hello,

Does anyone know of any sources for Kostiner Easel parts? I need the
plastic part that clamps a blade to the frame.

Thanks,

Drew Harty

Old January 28th 04, 03:40 PM
Bob Salomon

In article ,
Drew Harty wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know of any sources for Kostiner Easel parts? I need the
plastic part that clamps a blade to the frame.

Thanks,

Drew Harty

They are long out of business.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old January 28th 04, 04:39 PM
John

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:40:57 -0500, Bob Salomon

Drew Harty wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know of any sources for Kostiner Easel parts? I need the
plastic part that clamps a blade to the frame.

Thanks,

Drew Harty

They are long out of business.

Actually Saunders bought Kostiner and was in turn bought by
Tiffen. It's unfortunate as Kostiner built some of the highest quality
items for the darkroom. I still have a set of their stainless steel
tongs which have literally thousands of hours of use. Unfortunately
nobody makes an equivalent.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old January 28th 04, 05:05 PM
Bob Salomon

Drew Harty wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know of any sources for Kostiner Easel parts? I need the
plastic part that clamps a blade to the frame.

Thanks,

Drew Harty

They are long out of business.

Actually Saunders bought Kostiner and was in turn bought by
Tiffen. It's unfortunate as Kostiner built some of the highest quality
items for the darkroom. I still have a set of their stainless steel
tongs which have literally thousands of hours of use. Unfortunately
nobody makes an equivalent.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Yes but Tiffen went into bankruptcy and the Kostiner line was dropped
long ago.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old January 28th 04, 05:27 PM
John

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:05:21 -0500, Bob Salomon
wrote:

Yes but Tiffen went into bankruptcy and the Kostiner line was dropped
long ago.

That's a shame. I mean that Tiffen bought Saunders and then
went into bankruptcy. I suppose they couldn't handle the competition
in a stagnant market. Personally I never cared for the Tiffen products
but both Saunders and Kostiner provided excellent quality.

Old January 28th 04, 07:59 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
Drew Harty wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know of any sources for Kostiner Easel parts? I need the
plastic part that clamps a blade to the frame.

Thanks,
Drew Harty

Try Omega Satter at one point they distributed Kostiner goods Ed
Kostiner was part of the Omega board. I know Omega had some
older Kostiner easels as I purchased a Factory new 11x14 easel
when I worked thier which as others have stated was long after
Kostiner was sold to Saunders. I checked a few years back FYI
and Saunder still had parts you could, buy as replacement.

Tiffen may have bought all that stuff, chances are its sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
Tiffen went Bankrupt but is to my knowledge trying to restructure.

Omega Satter 800-777-6634 probably better to email them
via their website.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank