Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Old January 21st 07, 11:44 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Douglas

Default Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

--

Australian Wedding Photography between Kempsy, NSW and Sunshine Coast.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
: I really do think there are mental issues being displayed here, and I find
: it rather disturbing.
:
: --
Maybe it's time you sought some professional help then.

Old January 22nd 07, 12:09 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

Douglas wrote:

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
I really do think there are mental issues being displayed here, and
I find it rather disturbing.

--

Maybe it's time you sought some professional help then.

Shall we take a poll among readers here, Douglas?
I don't think you'd like the results.
There has only been one person posting irrational statements here, and it
most assuredly isn't me.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 22nd 07, 12:47 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Douglas

MarkČ, you have an incredibly short memory, don't you? Trying to make out
I'm a nutter because I prompted you about this moth you claim to know zero
about.
http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/47903081/original. Didn't know about
archives?

Tell me Mark... Is this one of your pictures or not? Answer yes and I'll
open up a whole vista to any readers left in this thread to a psycho who
make a habit of baiting people and then attempting to make out they are
somehow mistaken about who you are, what you said and when you said it...
and your motives. Nice try moron.

You the MarkČ who wrote me (in 2005) pointing out spelling mistakes on my
web site. Yet now you say you never did. Worse you are attempting to create
an impression that I am the nutter when it's you who are on the fringe of
losing your grasp on sanity.

You really do need to have a good memory to be a liar MarkČ. You need a far
better memory than me to try your mind games and have any hope in hell of
succeeding... "Artist Mark" Bull**** artist Mark perhaps.

What about this lot? Boy, you must upset a lot of people mate.
Quite a controversial fellow.
--------------
Thread starts off with this classic...
"This individual has a (not so) hidden Pbase gallery with photos of
little kids in very suspicious poses. This man is a pervert, and he is
not to be trusted."
-------------
Your response?
" Kids being kids...captured on-camera at their school as a favor (sic) to
their teacher and their families/relatives around the country. I'll be
taking this innocent gallery down shortly anyway--since the gallery doesn't
seem to be viewed by their class/families anymore...but for you idiot trolls
out there...
.....Here's to egg on your face!! Totally innocent pictures of little kids at
their school. --Nice try. -Mark"

God man... What were you thinking when you decided to post pictures of other
people's young (female) children on pbase? You really are danger to yourself
and everyone you come in contact with.

How about this for an informed response?
From Mat Clara
"You were completely guessing what my setup is".

Your reply when caught out on this?

"Well excuuuuuuuse (sic) me!
What the heck?!
Are you in a bad mood today or what?? "
--
Very informed and apologetic reply from Mark Morgan, eh?
You have a very long history of being a loud mouth and when you get caught

Get off my case or I'll open my archives on you to anyone who is interested
in deciding which of us is the lunatic.

Old January 22nd 07, 01:00 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Douglas

: Douglas wrote:
:
: Shall we take a poll among readers here, Douglas?
: I don't think you'd like the results.
: There has only been one person posting irrational statements here, and it
: most assuredly isn't me.
:

Mob mentality... Common guys, let's all decide. What's the problem mate?
Can't function outside the mob? You can have the last post in the thread...
Might grow your dick a bit easier than using a rock.

Old January 22nd 07, 01:13 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

Douglas wrote:
MarkČ, you have an incredibly short memory, don't you? Trying to make
out I'm a nutter because I prompted you about this moth you claim to
know zero about.
http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/47903081/original. Didn't know
about archives?

Ah. But you said Maui. Ya, that's a moth. So what?

Tell me Mark... Is this one of your pictures or not? Answer yes and
I'll open up a whole vista to any readers left in this thread to a
psycho who make a habit of baiting people and then attempting to make
out they are somehow mistaken about who you are, what you said and
when you said it... and your motives. Nice try moron.

I really don't see what you're worked up about, Doug.
It's a moth picture I took in near darkness. So what?

You the MarkČ who wrote me (in 2005) pointing out spelling mistakes
on my web site. Yet now you say you never did.

Uh...No. You said I correct usenet posts, which I do not. If you have the
silly notion to go back and check (whevever the heck that was), I think
you'll find that I made the suggestion of a correction on your site as a
favor to you.

NOTE:
Anyone who runs a business-based web-site should ALWAYS be glad to discover
mistakes like that. Your first interest should be making a good impression,
so if anything, Doug, you shouldn't become angry when someone alerts you to
that kind of mistake.

Sure even you can appreciate the difference between a commercial
web-site...and usenet.

Worse you are
attempting to create an impression that I am the nutter when it's you
who are on the fringe of losing your grasp on sanity.

I needn't "create that impression," Doug I call it like I see it. You
don't have to agree.

You really do need to have a good memory to be a liar MarkČ. You need
a far better memory than me to try your mind games and have any hope
in hell of succeeding... "Artist Mark" Bull**** artist Mark perhaps.

I've never referred to myself as an artist, and haven't even applied
adjectives to myself that would imply that.

What about this lot? Boy, you must upset a lot of people mate.
Quite a controversial fellow.
--------------
Thread starts off with this classic...
"This individual has a (not so) hidden Pbase gallery with photos of
little kids in very suspicious poses. This man is a pervert, and he is
not to be trusted."

That was posted by a troll, Doug (as you well know). You, of all people,
shouldn't be promoting the actions of trolls--perhaps the same troll who you
took issue with.

-------------
Your response?
" Kids being kids...captured on-camera at their school as a favor
(sic) to their teacher and their families/relatives around the
country. I'll be taking this innocent gallery down shortly
anyway--since the gallery doesn't seem to be viewed by their
class/families anymore...but for you idiot trolls out there...
....Here's to egg on your face!! Totally innocent pictures of little
kids at their school. --Nice try. -Mark"

Actually, what I did at that time was to simply remove the password from
that particular gallery. But the whole idea would have only be believed by
a person such as yourself...who is apparently so gullible that anything a
troll posts...is believed or taken seriously. This helps me understand why
you went after some guy some troll some time back...offering rewards, etc.,
**because you apparently think everyone who reads usenet is as gullible as
you. Pbase offers passwords for just such a situation--to help parents
limit access to their kid's pictures, or whatever other reason people see a
need for. It's interesting that you like to mention your dislike of being
tailed by that troll some time back, and yet here you are promoting the
actions of that same (or similar) troll.

So you've taken offense at me...and what do you do? You point to troll
posts implying illegal things about me. I would suggest that if you want to
combat TRUE trolls...that you avoid posting things like this.

God man... What were you thinking when you decided to post pictures
of other people's young (female) children on pbase?

When they ask me to...as they did.

You really are
danger to yourself and everyone you come in contact with.

How about this for an informed response?
From Mat Clara
"You were completely guessing what my setup is".

Your reply when caught out on this?

"Well excuuuuuuuse (sic) me!
What the heck?!
Are you in a bad mood today or what?? "

What's your point...and what on EARTH do you hope to accomplish by hashing
through years-old posts?

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 22nd 07, 01:14 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

Douglas wrote:

Shall we take a poll among readers here, Douglas?
I don't think you'd like the results.
There has only been one person posting irrational statements here,
and it most assuredly isn't me.

Mob mentality... Common guys, let's all decide. What's the problem
mate? Can't function outside the mob? You can have the last post in
the thread... Might grow your dick a bit easier than using a rock.

Good gravy, Doug. I rest my case.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 22nd 07, 02:06 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
J. Clarke

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:47:00 GMT, "Douglas"
wrote:

[...]

From Mat Clara
"You were completely guessing what my setup is".

Your reply when caught out on this?

"Well excuuuuuuuse (sic) me!
What the heck?!
Are you in a bad mood today or what?? "

Would you two get a frelling ROOM?
Old January 22nd 07, 07:11 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Douglas

So...
You have another approach for someone targeting you with insults over a
long, long period of time because their feeble mind cannot comprehend a
process I helped pioneer? Let 'em do it, possibly? Not likely.

What if I told someone publicly that you had no credibility in your
occupation? How would handle the prick when he's on the other side of the
world? It didn't matter that I sent example prints to people who participate
in the groups. He just changed his tack and kept spouting insults because HE
didn't have any qualifications to pass judgment and never got any examples
enlargements.

He is like way too many cowardly people on Usenet who carry on with
appalling behaviour, comfortable in the knowledge their insults and jibes
will never prompt a confrontation in person. If this moron said to anyone in
a face to face conversation what he says from hiding, he's spend more time
in hospital than on his computer.

I'll happily leave it be but I'll never put up with the likes of him heaping
**** on me. He has no qualifications to do it, no right to do it and no
brains doing it either. Tell me an alternative way to handle him and I will.
Otherwise... This is how I respond to feeble minded morons who insults me
because I once made a claim he didn't believe. How pathetic. Every day (now
that it's common practice) people enlarge postcard size images and print
them on canvas.

When I said a few years ago I could do it and refused to elaborate on the
algorithm, he and a equally idiotic mark got on their soapbox and began what
has become a tirade of belittling insults because they didn't believe it
possible. It is and every day of the year it's done by other canvas printers
all over the world.

You have a problem with that, suggest an alternative. Nothing else has
worked and I'm not about to give up my right to participate (and provide
useful process information) in these groups because of the actions of three
zealots with no brains.
Mark Morgan is just one of them.

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
news : On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:47:00 GMT, "Douglas"

Old January 22nd 07, 08:32 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

Douglas wrote:
So...
You have another approach for someone targeting you with insults over
a long, long period of time because their feeble mind cannot
comprehend a process I helped pioneer? Let 'em do it, possibly?

A *collection* of people have criticized you over the years.
If you're legitimate, then your work will speak for itself, and the comments
of a few dozen usenet posters won't amount to anything more than the same
opinions all professionals must take in stride.

You jumped down the throat of the OP here in this thread, and I stuck up for
him.
Big deal.

Not
likely.

Why not? What other professions are immune to criticism? I don't know of
ANY. Do you?

What if I told someone publicly that you had no credibility in your
occupation?

Every profession is subject to criticism, Douglas.
If you keep making "questionable statements," then by definition, you
shouldn't be surprised that some question them. Surely you don't think the
way you're carrying on here lends you more credibility...do you?

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 22nd 07, 02:33 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
[email protected]

Off topic.

Douglas wrote:
So...
You have another approach for someone targeting you with insults over a
long, long period of time because their feeble mind cannot comprehend a
process I helped pioneer?

I suppose this is yet another reference to Douglas' magical
interpolation 'algorythm', that our 'feeble' brains cannot comprehend.
It is the algorythm that:
- he lied about (he showed 'results' that he claimed were enlarged when
they were demonstrably *reduced*)
- he claimed added *real* detail (see quotes below), using the analogy
of CSI-type processing that would bring up those satellite image number
plates all nice and clear..(O: (but he showed no examples, of
course...)
- he refused to demonstrate or have tested on *any* sample image
(because, of course, he said it would result in it being reverse
engineered!) (and no, not even a scan of a print..)
- he misquoted and/or misrepresented comments by people like Gisle
Hannemyr, Gordon Moat and even our local Colin D, all of whom have had
to post 'corrections' on Douglas' wild claims.

Some of these people were quite positive about his large prints, but
none saw original files, nor any evidence of the 'algorythm's 'magic'.
I don't dispute Douglas can, occasionally, do a nice print - I've seen
them at his market stall. Some were ok, but he (or his photographers)
clearly have problems with dynamic range, colour balance and focus, and
he needs glasses if he thinks they show more than about 150 dpi real
detail. They are exactly what I would expect (or worse) from the sort
of 6-8Mp files he uses to create them, and they are mostly printed on
quite roughly textured canvas - eeurrgh..

By the way, I think Colin D is still waiting on an apology from Doug -
see "20D LIKES IT HOT !"
And Annika and others are still waiting for Doug to prove he has/had a
1DS MkII - see "D-Mac, I'm calling you out!"

What if I told someone publicly that you had no credibility in your
occupation? How would handle the prick when he's on the other side of the
world?

First, I would refrain from the gutter language and angry insults..
And what do other *credible* people do when people question their
claims? - they prove them wrong. Mike Chaney (QImage), Gisle Hannemyr,
Bart van der Wolf and many many others simply post *verifiable*
samples. Douglas knows you can't reverse engineer from a sample crop,
but he needs an excuse.

It didn't matter that I sent example prints to people who participate
in the groups.

Douglas sent one to Colin D. He said it was nice, but he had no
original image to test and disputed many of Douglas' comments - and he
is now waiting for that apology.
He sent others to Gordon Moat. He said they were nice too, but then
made it very clear that you could not manufacture detail as Douglas
claims. Gordon posted here to clarify his statements and point out
Douglas' untruths. - see "Enlarging digital images - examples".
Anyone can check these threads (in rec.photo.equipment.35mm). Doug can
try to pull his *webpages* quickly and pretend they never existed, but
these threads are archived in many locations.

Douglas promised samples to others, including Gisle, Annika, Avery and
some others I believe, but they never happened - he claimed that
addresses went astray, etc... A request from Mike Russell
(Curvemeister) to get an enlargement done of one of his images also
resulted in Douglas disappearing rapidly. Uhuh...

He just changed his tack and kept spouting insults because HE
didn't have any qualifications to pass judgment and never got any examples
enlargements.

Then why didn't Douglas just ignore him, and why hasn't he ever posted
proof? The reverse engineering claim has zero credibility.

He is like way too many cowardly people on Usenet who carry on with
appalling behaviour, comfortable in the knowledge their insults and jibes
will never prompt a confrontation in person. If this moron said to anyone in
a face to face conversation what he says from hiding, he's spend more time
in hospital than on his computer.

How apt - note that throughout this thread, the insults and threats are
all coming from just one very hypocritical source...

I'll happily leave it be but I'll never put up with the likes of him heaping
**** on me. He has no qualifications to do it, no right to do it and no
brains doing it either. Tell me an alternative way to handle him and I will.
Otherwise... This is how I respond to feeble minded morons who insults me
because I once made a claim he didn't believe. How pathetic. Every day (now
that it's common practice) people enlarge postcard size images and print
them on canvas.

Yup. And they *look* like over-enlarged postcard images, they show no
'added real detail'. And on some types of images (large macro shots of
flowers are a good example), they might be quite passable if you don't
get close. But what exactly did Douglas say? These are Douglas'
words, quoted exactly:

===== Quote from "Enlarged digital images with more detail than the
original", comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
Pictorial evidence that it is indeed possible to enlarge a digital
image
which has a normal print size of 6.5" x 10" at 300 dpi, to 24" x 36"
poster
print with 720 dpi and still maintain the same sharpness and detail -
even
adding detail which was never there in the first place.
=====
Read that carefully. He claims that a 6x10 image at 300 dpi (a big
postcard!), becomes a 24x36 at 720 (?!) dpi with the "same sharpness
and detail", and even clarifies it - "adding detail that was never
there.." 6Mp becomes 447Mp, with *new* detail. Uhuh. Now if you read
what he said carefully, you *could* possibly interpret "the same level
of detail" to mean he has added nothing but interpolated pixels, but
isn't that stating the absolutely bleeding obvious? Remember, it's in
a thread that is titled "Enlarged digital images with more detail than
the original"...

Noone disputes that he *can* enlarge something to ridiculous sizes -
anyone can. What we do argue about is what the result will look like.
And of course none of the samples he has sent around have been
enlarged from a postcard.. have they, Douglas? (O;

When I said a few years ago I could do it and refused to elaborate on the
algorithm, he and a equally idiotic mark got on their soapbox and began what
has become a tirade of belittling insults because they didn't believe it
possible. It is and every day of the year it's done by other canvas printers
all over the world.

Repeating a straw man (just like the other one about me thieving your
images, or Mark2's moth - like what the heck is that about??) doesn't
make him any less flammable. If Douglas read the paragraphs above
again, and again, until it finally sunk in, then maybe he might
actually start to debate the real issue. Nobody said he couldn't do it
- it was the added detail and level of sharpness that was at issue.

You have a problem with that, suggest an alternative. Nothing else has
worked

Being truthful, and posting real verifiable examples would work fine.
But Douglas cannot seem to do either of those.

and I'm not about to give up my right to participate (and provide
useful process information) in these groups because of the actions of three
zealots with no brains.
Mark Morgan is just one of them.

At last count it was significantly more than 3 who dispute Douglas'
claims, which have run the gamut from enlargement, to perspective (and
more non-existent algorythms to control it), to depth of field
calculations, to dynamic range, to comparisons of prosumers to medium
format... and on all these he has tripped and fallen over his own
words. Since his return about a week ago, I see Douglas has *already*
had arguments with at least 6 different people. Thank heavens he has
me killfiled!

Douglas of course has every right to participate and make his comments,
*as does everyone else*.

(O: