Rollei 6000 series Shutter Adapter

Old February 17th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default Rollei 6000 series Shutter Adapter

Hi all,

Do we have any Rollei 6000 series users in this group? I noticed there
is the Shutter Adapter on FeeBay at the moment, and wondered if anyone
had actually ever used one?

Thanks,

Roy.

Old February 17th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

In article .com,
"-spider-" wrote:

Hi all,

Do we have any Rollei 6000 series users in this group? I noticed there
is the Shutter Adapter on FeeBay at the moment, and wondered if anyone
had actually ever used one?

Thanks,

Roy.

I have.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old February 17th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

How trite.

Old February 17th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"-spider-" wrote:

Hi all,

Do we have any Rollei 6000 series users in this group? I noticed there
is the Shutter Adapter on FeeBay at the moment, and wondered if anyone
had actually ever used one?

I searched eBay but could not find this adapter.

Do you have an item #?
Old February 18th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Item number 7591580690

I just looked up Rollei Shutter Adapter and found it!

R.

Old February 18th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"-spider-" wrote:

Item number 7591580690

I just looked up Rollei Shutter Adapter and found it!

I use eBay UK. A worldwide search on eBay UK using similar search
terms yielded "0 items found for Rollei Shutter Adapter".

Searching on eBay.com finds the item with no problems. The reason it
didn't show up on eBay UK is that the seller will not accept bids from
the UK.

Old February 19th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
news
"-spider-" wrote:

Item number 7591580690

I just looked up Rollei Shutter Adapter and found it!

I use eBay UK. A worldwide search on eBay UK using similar search
terms yielded "0 items found for Rollei Shutter Adapter".

Searching on eBay.com finds the item with no problems. The reason it
didn't show up on eBay UK is that the seller will not accept bids from
the UK.

Hey Tony, what lenses did you get with the Rollei?

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 20th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"Matt Clara" wrote:

Hey Tony, what lenses did you get with the Rollei?

Sorry Matt, you did ask before but I deleted the thread before I had a
chance to reply.

The 6008i body came with a Carl Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 Planar. It is brand
new with full warranty. There is also a 50mm f/4 Carl Zeiss Distagon
which is unused (but sold without warranty) and a Schneider 150mm
f/4.6 APO-Symmar Macro which is used, also without warranty.

I intend to replace the Symmar Macro with a Carl Zeiss 150mm f/4
Sonnar because the Symmar doesn't give me the smooth out of focus
rendition I am looking for. It's a beautiful lens, though.

The deal also included three film backs (2x 120, one new, one used, 1x
220 unused), waist level and 45 degree prism finders, a grip and an
adapter for an Imacon Ixpress digital back. I won't be rushing to buy
the digital back just yet. ;-)

Old February 22nd 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"Matt Clara" wrote:

Hey Tony, what lenses did you get with the Rollei?

Sorry Matt, you did ask before but I deleted the thread before I had a
chance to reply.

The 6008i body came with a Carl Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 Planar. It is brand
new with full warranty. There is also a 50mm f/4 Carl Zeiss Distagon
which is unused (but sold without warranty) and a Schneider 150mm
f/4.6 APO-Symmar Macro which is used, also without warranty.

I intend to replace the Symmar Macro with a Carl Zeiss 150mm f/4
Sonnar because the Symmar doesn't give me the smooth out of focus
rendition I am looking for. It's a beautiful lens, though.

The deal also included three film backs (2x 120, one new, one used, 1x
220 unused), waist level and 45 degree prism finders, a grip and an
adapter for an Imacon Ixpress digital back. I won't be rushing to buy
the digital back just yet. ;-)

Sounds like a very nice kit. I know I enjoy mine very much. I need a
portrait lens for it, and the one I've heard the most about is the 120 Zeiss
macro (or is that makro?!?). I haven't heard a lot about its out of focus
characteristics, though.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 22nd 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Recently, Matt Clara posted:

"Matt Clara" wrote:

[...]

I haven't tried the 120 Zeiss Makro, but I would be more concerned about
its performance at infinity when used as a short tele than its bokeh. I
find that my 150mm Sonnar works pretty well as a portrait lens w/my 6008i.
If I want a really tight shot, then I just use a short extension tube.
Unless you are doing a lot of macro work and need the wider aperture (I
have yet to see where that is a benefit in macro work -- usually I want
the smallest practical aperture to get some DOF), extension tubes are a
convenient and flexible alternative.

Neil